AZ bans trailcams?

Funny observation about some guys whining about trail cameras are also dudes slinging lead at 500-1000 yards... talking about fair chase... just an observation...all boils down to ethics....

Personally I'm not a big camera guy. I'd be all for not allowing them on a water source. Reducing the effective range of weapons would have a much more profound effect on wildlife survival and trophy size if that's what really matters...

Funny observation about some guys whining about trail cameras are also dudes slinging lead at 500-1000 yards... talking about fair chase... just an observation...all boils down to ethics....

Personally I'm not a big camera guy. I'd be all for not allowing them on a water source. Reducing the effective range of weapons would have a much more profound effect on wildlife survival and trophy size if that's what really matters...
Reducing the amount of people that are allowed to accommodate a tag holder would be the best bet, however, that is impossible on public land. I saw a picture of a guy with the Mormons on the strip with 16 people in. And that buck will get scored and enter into some book that says it was a harvest of “fair chase.”

Reducing the amount of people that are allowed to accommodate a tag holder would be the best bet, however, that is impossible on public land. I saw a picture of a guy with the Mormons on the strip with 16 people in. And that buck will get scored and enter into some book that says it was a harvest of “fair chase.”
I'm all for buddies helping but dang that's excessive. I don't think I even have that many friends, and I'm super ******* cool.

Wow! There is a ton of input on this subject. Personally, I enjoy putting out cameras on OUR property. I get pictures of wildlife that I never see during my hunts.
There's an assumption, that if you have trail camera's up, that you are going to get the animal.
I was on a late elk hunt in Arizona this year, guided. We had lots of trailcam pictures of bulls in the area, but the elk didn't jump out from behind those trees and let me shoot 'em. They are a great tool for hunting, like a better rifle, better bino's, etc.
If some of you want to ban cameras, what's next? Dogs for hunting lions and bears? I already live in a state that is taking these things away, be careful what you wish for.

If it's a misconception that cameras help people find animals, then there should be no harm in banning them.

The guides running hundreds of cameras, and the dozens of cameras on each water hole, would be a waste of time and money.

Banning hounds limits our ability to hunt. Removing the mess caused by this camera fiasco maintains our ability to hunt by removing all of the negative scenarios posted above.

Wow! There is a ton of input on this subject. Personally, I enjoy putting out cameras on OUR property. I get pictures of wildlife that I never see during my hunts.
There's an assumption, that if you have trail camera's up, that you are going to get the animal.
I was on a late elk hunt in Arizona this year, guided. We had lots of trailcam pictures of bulls in the area, but the elk didn't jump out from behind those trees and let me shoot 'em. They are a great tool for hunting, like a better rifle, better bino's, etc.
If some of you want to ban cameras, what's next? Dogs for hunting lions and bears? I already live in a state that is taking these things away, be careful what you wish for.
BUT, I bet you wouldn't of spend time in the area you hunted if there were no elk on your trial cams. Regardless if elk weren't jumping out behind ever tree, you knew there were good bulls in the area due to trail cams. So they assisted you and your guides.

BUT, I bet you wouldn't of spend time in the area you hunted if there were no elk on your trial cams. Regardless if elk weren't jumping out behind ever tree, you knew there were good bulls in the area due to trail cams. So they assisted you and your guides.
You are just making to much sense, stop it :)

One Thing to Think about!

When they Started a 'SHED SEASON' in TARDville!

Who Paid the Price?

Yup!

The Honest Guy Did!

Ya Think a Trail-Cam Season will be any Different?

I had joked about when you see a GUIDE truck that is always a good starting point for a BIG Elk or Buck. Got a lot of crap over it.
So who needs trailcam when you can just follow the bread crumbs of parked trucks.
LOL

Hey GATOR!

Them Trucks are Mostly Plane Jane Now!

Still Gotta Look for the FLATTY'S & The TOYOTA'S Though!:D

I had joked about when you see a GUIDE truck that is always a good starting point for a BIG Elk or Buck. Got a lot of crap over it.
So who needs trailcam when you can just follow the bread crumbs of parked trucks.
LOL

One Thing to Think about!

When they Started a 'SHED SEASON' in TARDville!

Who Paid the Price?

Yup!

The Honest Guy Did!

Ya Think a Trail-Cam Season will be any Different?

I do actually. Sheds are where you find them and spread over a vast area. Hard to catch perpetrators. But cameras are bunched up at certain places. If people break the law, right or wrong vigilantes will make sure they don’t continue. Bolt cutters may become common and essential in your daypack?. I would never steal one but a bolt cutter night loosen from from a public tree to which they are illegally attached. But they would stay right there at the base of the tree so the rightful owner could come collect them

And if someone did steal one, who are they going to report stolen cameras to?

Last edited:
They don't do that in TARDville roadrunner!

I Can Guarantee You if Your Cams Ain't in Lock Boxes With Quality Locks Something's gonna Happen!
They still get em’ elkass. I lost a tree stand and a cam after a week being up. I was more upset that my wife bought me the cam then anything. But I think people are a bit out of control with cams. Register and pay to run them up to 10. If guides want more then 10 make a premium fee per camera. And gps coordinates like bear bait. There is a solution to an all out ban. But if states ban them I won’t cry. For those who don’t know this is what I’ve heard from guides on podcasts. AZ has had massive predation problems during the last couple drought years. What water there is predators are hanging close to picking off big game coming to water. And water is being hauled in by sportsman to fill water holes. So maybe the deer and elk could use a break.

Hey wstrntines?

"""maybe the deer and elk could use a break"""?

I Do Believe We've been Past that Point for Who Knows How F'N Long?

The Whole World Revolves around $$$ no matter what You're Dealin with!

Guides would Jump For Joy paying More than Average Joe Blow Hunter as long as they had the Advantage!

Like I've said a Million times!

Until Hunters are Willing to maker the more than 50+ Changes Nothing Will Change other than it will get worse!

Banning Trail-Cams Alone Won't Fix SQUAT!

It won't Be Long & "EYE IN THE SKY" will be offered to everybody at a reasonable Rate & Nobody will Care if Trail-Cams are Banned!

Gonna Take Some Major Changes to Straighten it all out!

They still get em’ elkass. I lost a tree stand and a cam after a week being up. I was more upset that my wife bought me the cam then anything. But I think people are a bit out of control with cams. Register and pay to run them up to 10. If guides want more then 10 make a premium fee per camera. And gps coordinates like bear bait. There is a solution to an all out ban. But if states ban them I won’t cry. For those who don’t know this is what I’ve heard from guides on podcasts. AZ has had massive predation problems during the last couple drought years. What water there is predators are hanging close to picking off big game coming to water. And water is being hauled in by sportsman to fill water holes. So maybe the deer and elk could use a break.

Like I said, plastic crap in the forest, a football team of spotters, hunting all year long, shed Hunting, oh let’s not forget the ultra lites, google earth. You think the animals need a break?

Even if We Got One Item Banned!

6 New GADGETRY items will show up within a year!

There's One Fix:

"HELL-F'N-RIGHT"!

(((Soryy Niller!:D)))

If it's a misconception that cameras help people find animals, then there should be no harm in banning them.

The guides running hundreds of cameras, and the dozens of cameras on each water hole, would be a waste of time and money.

Banning hounds limits our ability to hunt. Removing the mess caused by this camera fiasco maintains our ability to hunt by removing all of the negative scenarios posted above.
I didn't say that it's a misconception that cameras help people find animals, I just said that it doesn't guarantee that you'll find it and kill it.
Ban the darn camera's, I don't care.

You are correct. I said they are a tool to help find the animals, and that is all.
Was there something I said that is inaccurate? I really don't care who runs cameras and who doesn't.

If there was a way (and I don't think there is!) to limit the numbers of cameras a person can use, I think that might help. I know there are some guides out there that are running literaly HUNDREDS and that certainly edges into the debate about fair chase. Please don't try to feed me some crap about..."cameras don't help in the taking of animals!" How many of you check your camera to find there is nothing of interest coming in and then decide....YEP, this is the place to hunt! I think cameras on waterholes should be eliminated as well. Most anyone that has used one on a water hole has certainly had a time or two in which they have spooked an animal off when going to check the cards.
In the end, I think all of us that have enjoyed running just a few cameras are going to pay the price for those that have gone over board with them.

I Agree wstrntines!

I've Said it for Years!

The Small Changes made to try & Help the Deer Herd Don't Out Number all the NEW BS that Shows up!
Although I agree Bess, maybe they could help in some ways.

The small change by taking away cameras or bait piles or some other small change in the right direction could open the flood gates. As it stands now no group wants to give an inch, maybe by folks starting to give a bit others would recognize the need for change and with others willing to give a little maybe they’re not so resistant to change.

Every time someone brings up a change needed to help the deer herd someone else says, “Well, what about this?” or “What about that?” Nobody want to give the inch first. Wouldn’t it be better to have some groups start to give a bit to show its not the end of the world before nothing will help and the Government just takes the whole mile?

On public ground I’m not sure it should be legal for any trail cam to exist. If you’re saying we all have basically an “ undivided interest “ in and to the ownership of it- what gives someone else the right to put up a camera? Or for me to put up a camera? Use common sense-
I could even get with a deal where a tag holder is allowed to put up a certain number of cameras in the unit he drew the tag in .... however no cameras would be better

We Went in to some Water Earlier This Fall!

The Usual BS!

Several Cams!

Just before the Rifle Hunt Started,2 New Blinds set up with the Old Blind that's been there for Many Years!

So the Water is Surrounded & Sometimes 3 People in 3 Blinds!

Each one of them would be looking/Shooting towards/in the direction of the other 2 Blinds!

SWEET JUDAS!

An Average Weep in TARDville:

trail cam tree.jpg

Today I was at a stop sign in my truck in town. I looked left and there was a drone at eye level maybe 25ft away, Couldn't tell if it was filming me or what. They need to make them have a dang pilot lic. Was about 2 ft long with 4 whirling blades when it took off it was really fast. Never saw the guy who was controlling it
THAT'S want going to be the next big thing, I think how they could cover a lot of ground filming.

I know I'm going to get blasted on this post there is no right side to this debate. I just hate seeing us lose any hunting rights we have regardless on which side of the fence your are on. We won't lose hunting all together right away we'll just lose it a little at a time. People will just keep picking away at them a little here and a little there and keep dividing our ranks with the end goal of taking them all away just one step at a time.

Hey GATOR!

You're a little behind the Times!

They've been Flyin Drones for Many years!

LE Units with the Sky Full of them!

We Seen one this year Buzzing around During Season!

I Shoulda Grounded the Damn Thing!

Today I was at a stop sign in my truck in town. I looked left and there was a drone at eye level maybe 25ft away, Couldn't tell if it was filming me or what. They need to make them have a dang pilot lic. Was about 2 ft long with 4 whirling blades when it took off it was really fast. Never saw the guy who was controlling it
THAT'S want going to be the next big thing, I think how they could cover a lot of ground filming.

I know I'm going to get blasted on this post there is no right side to this debate. I just hate seeing us lose any hunting rights we have regardless on which side of the fence your are on. We won't lose hunting all together right away we'll just lose it a little at a time. People will just keep picking away at them a little here and a little there and keep dividing our ranks with the end goal of taking them all away just one step at a time.
With technology evolving as fast as it is, we've got to draw a line in the sand somewhere at some point before it's not even "hunting" anymore.

Elk
I have seen them out about here and there, just never had one fly right close to my truck in town. Maybe it was a early Xmas present.
I figure now I wouldn't be able to tan naked any more in the back yard. LOL

I do t see it as taking rights away from us. I see it as giving rights back to the animals. We have taken too much.

I'm all for buddies helping but dang that's excessive. I don't think I even have that many friends, and I'm super ******* cool.
Language used like that MR. Catfish is not super "f***ing cool". That language alone tells me you're too ignorant to even use decent language on a public website.

Language used like that MR. Catfish is not super "f***ing cool". That language alone tells me you're too ignorant to even use decent language on a public website.
Actually, resaerch indicates you are wrong, at least in terms of cursing. But I'm ok if you do you.

I see you couldn't figure it out either. :ROFLMAO:

If we refuse to make changes (backwards) in tech, and allow further advancement in tech in the hunting world, the animals will continue to suffer disproportionate declines IMO.

I feel we either throttle tech to reduce hunter success or turn it loose and allow hunting by any means with any tech and without Regs from August to December and quota the number of deer to be killed and shut it down when the unit quota is killed. I mean, it doesn’t matter how we kill it, right?

Its about time to wake up and see the damage being done and quit worrying about our individual selves. The stick together to the end will plan will see us without game to hunt, thus putting a real end to this thing we do...

Ok, im officially confused. Please elaborate. Is it because i used toilet language and the site didnt automatically change it?

Yes!

I would almost NEVER feel the need to use it on the forum (outside of a couple of Tristates posts) but there has been occasions...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom