AZ bulls with locked horns - sad ending

huntazido

I came across these two bulls last weekend of August while archery deer hunting. The one bull had been dead for at least a couple of days. AZ G&F decided not to tranquilize because he was too weak and would die for sure. No matter, we had to try something or he would have died an even slower more painful death. Mother nature can be pretty cruel sometimes.

If anyone wonders why someone didn't jump in sooner you would understand if you actually saw the water and smelled it from the dead bull. It was absolutely terrible and I about lost it while I was in the water.

Man, that is a shame, it seemed like he was still pretty strong to me. They were saying that if they used tranquilizer that he would never wake up or something? Sounds weird. They should have tried tranq when he was up by the shore, at least there was a CHANCE he would have woken up after. No waking up from being drowned.

What a shame I can't believe fish & game didn't try a little harder. The sheriff wasn't much help looked like he didn't want get mud on his shoes. At least you made an effort huntazido!!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom