AZ DEER RUT

ruthunter

LOOKS LIKE THE DESERT LOWLANDS RUT HAS STARTED.IN THE PAST TWO DAY IVE SEEN GOOD BUCKS WITH DOES. SHOULD BE GOOD HUNTING FROM NOW THRU JAN.

Good area! I've hunted in there the last 4 years. Got real close to a 160 buck in there 2 years ago. Last year sucked, never did see a good buck. This year should be very good. I think when they don't get moisture they stay pretty close to populated areas. I'm not hunting in there this year, I'm going out west. I may do a day trip in there though. Good luck on your hunt.

Donnie

It is definetely that time for the mule deer to get going... however, the whitetail rut hasnt kicked in yet, at least not where we were

IM STILL WAITING FOR THE IST TO COME.I WAS FORTUNATE TO TAG A GOOD BUCK IN JAN OUT OF UNIT 42 ,AND NO I DIDNT SHOOT IT OUT OF THE TANKS.MY PAST TWO DAYS IN 21 WERE HELPING BUDDIES,BUT YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE HEADED WEST.GOOD LUCK

>BULLDOG---WHAT UNIT YOU HUNTING?

I was in 36B... lots of deer, only a couple smaller bucks, and even they werent rutting

Yes the big bucks are in full action. I have seen some good 140" bucks the last few days that have nice swollen necks. Things are looking good for the rut hunt now. The desert is on fire for the rut.

i am just wondering desertbucks are you calling a 140 a big buck, and dont take it wrong any buck with a bow is great and i am just asking, to me a 140 is a desent buck and a 170 plus is getting to be a big buck. i cant hunt till jan also i took a 146 buck in sept. good luck to you all

I aint seen didly squat.I passed a 140 buck though, he still had milk on the corner of his lips!

Glad to hear you guys are spotting some good bucks in unit 21. Ive been hunting in the lower tip of 21 the last 2 years and had some awesome encounters during last year's rut. This year so far I have not had much action what so ever...only a few does and a bunch of pigs. But I will be working the same few ridges and bowls I had some luck in last year this Sunday!! If any of you guys are ever in the Seven Springs area let me know. I love bow hunting big time but all my hunting partners live up in Northern California and I have only lived out here for a few years. Its been tough learning the AZ country on my own without any one to really talk to who has had experience out in the desert. It would be cool to bounce some ideas and I would not even mind sharing the areas where I have seen 4X4s...last year was great hunting the same herd of 12 for 2 weekends in a row but this year I just cant seem to find them yet.
I hope they are moving around in there SUnday. Anyways good luck to you guys and hope some of us fill our tag!

THE BUCKS IM SEEING NOW HAVE SWOLLEN NECKS AND HAVE GATHERED DOES.STILL HAVENT SEEN THE 170" OR BIGGER SEEING ALOT OF THE 140'S.

>i am just wondering desertbucks are
>you calling a 140 a
>big buck, and dont take
>it wrong any buck with
>a bow is great and
>i am just asking, to
>me a 140 is a
>desent buck and a 170
>plus is getting to be
>a big buck. i
>cant hunt till jan also
>i took a 146 buck
>in sept. good luck to
>you all
For a true trophy hunter a 140" buck is not a big buck at all. For the average hunter a 140" buck especially with a bow is a great trophy. Yes I agree a 170" is a start of a big buck. Head to the tanks for that kind of deer or the 40's units.

yeah it is still two weeks out atleast make sure you kick your brother in the butt 4 me troy. deserertbucks i apriciate the offer on the tanks but i will stay away from the zoo.

Rut time is now in the units just north of town. I shot a small three point this morning at fifteen yards. Not the big boy I wanted but meat in the freezer.

right on have your brother shoot me a pic, did he show you johns buck from the jrs hunt had a huge body dressed out at 201lbs just bad genes for horns, it was a tough year,we need to get together for a bbq with all the kids. congrats again.

Anyone know the deer situation on unit 24a? I drew a javelina tag and I am wondering if I should purchase an archery deer tag to throw in my bag. Any info is appreciated.

IM NOT SURE ABOUT THE DEER IN 24A BUT I AM SURE THAT I WOULD HAVE A DEER TAG HANDY.YOU NEVER NO WHEN A BIG BUCK MIGHT APPEAR AND GIVE YOU THE PERFECT SHOT. IF THAT HAPPEN AND YOU DIDNT HAVE A TAG YOU WOULD BE SAYING WHY DIDNT I BUY A TAG. GOOD LUCK WITH THE PIGS.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-31-07 AT 07:20AM (MST)[p]If you get a tag you aint gonna see diddly squat if you don't get a tag there gonna be runnin' ya over. Thats all I have to say &thank you for your time.

I have a sneekin' hunch the bucks are IN FULL RUT. The Maddglasser's hunters took a 180" + buck.That's all I have to say for now & thank you for your time.

well the new year started slow and ended fast i tagged a dececent cull buck and he was all by himself when i let the air out of him i will get the pic up in the next day or so have to reformat them to put up. hey travis thx for the help.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom