AZ. DIY HUNTS ???

SlowElk

Greetings. New member, long time browser. Finally decided to join, hoping for some help with a question. Has anyone used the AZ DIY hunting map/scout packages, or similar packages? Are they basically a general "start your scouting here", or the same basic information from the AZGFD website? Thanx!

Last season High Point Outfitters did scouting packages for two hunters in 11M and both hunters filled their archery tags. High Point Outfitters sounds legit. I heard them discussing this on a recent podcast by Jay Scott Outdoors (podcast #648).

Last year my client was a DIY guy from Pennsylvania. He did the research on his unit (22N) for the late archery season. Then he hired me to set his trail cameras prior to arriving. The spots he picked e-scouting looked great when I got there. I saw a lot of elk while setting his cameras. He shot a four point bull on the seventh day of his hunt. He drew the same tag this year and we're working together again.

There is also a program in Arizona called "Zero Guide Fees". It seems to work like a subscription based program for guys who want to pay a little each year and then come on a guided hunt for no additional money when they draw a tag. Unsure how it works exactly. I know hunters and outfitters are both happy with the way it's working out so far. If this is your first time hunting AZ this could be a great option for you.

Maybe request recommendations for whoever you like. That should tell you everything you need to know. I moved to AZ from Montana, and elk hunting here is different in many ways. You have been presented with a wonderful opportunity!

-Jason Volk

Hi Jason. Thanx for the response. I found Az DIY Hunt map package online, formerly Desert Bull. I am excited, haven't had a bull tag since 85.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom