AZ points are gone?

WOODROW12

I don't post a lot on here but I read the forum daily. Wanted to see if anyone could answer my question. I'm a nonresident and all of my points in Arizona are not showing in my account. I just applied for this years draw to at least have my name in the hat. Is anyone else having this issue? If I missed another thread about this let me know. Thanks

I got an email from AZG&F back a few months ago and followed through with up dating my account and haven’t had any trouble at all. Applying went fast and when I checked on my points they were all there. Did you get an email about updating your account ? Maybe that’s why some people are having trouble ????

RoughCountry,

Who did your email come from? Does it look like the other emails from AZGFD? I looked through my junk, deleted, and my inbox and haven't seen it.

A friend had a similar issue, and found that instead of updating his current account, he had created a second one. Points were attached to original. Had to call and have them cancel to correct issue

My points are not showing either.
I called early still waited a hour but they said my points are all good to go for the draw and that they are update the system that is why they are not showing up

If you want it fixed quick like took me only 10mins earlier today. Call the Yuma office it Option #4 and then Option #4 after that. She also said the draw will be NOW ran by the old system as they decided that last Friday since Applications have gone missing with new Portal Accounts. She was super nice and knew what to do right away and it was only a 10min phone with waiting only around 3mins.

Last edited:
With my experience in the past with AZ and what I am seeing now, Is it a wonder with what happened with the Pres election 2020? I swear Arizona messes with the system every few years. And this year is no exception. About right on par for what has happened the last 4 months!!

Be proactive, do it early like they suggest. You're not gonna get a draw secret "hot spot" on the last day, no matter how hard you fish. Whiners just gotta whine about something. If it doesn't work 3 minutes before deadline, it's somebody else's fault!! :)

I can't comment about Montana and Oregon on the worst list because I don't have any experience, but I definitely agree with the AZ draw/license system! Although the system didn't "lose my points," it took from Jan 24th until Feb 9th for my application to show up.

As clunky and problematic as the portal system is, makes you wonder how accurate the draw system really is. Let's hope this latest "update" links things together much better.

Then again, if I get drawn for 1,2,3 archery with 7 points, I'll think the system is AWESOME!! :LOL: :LOL:

My points are correct but my app is not listed and it says I did t apply for most recent draw. This look similar to others?
ACC03CED-8D39-4A61-99C4-061A1DAC284B.png

They say as long as you have the receipt all should be good!! My points are good and I got my receipt but I only went the point route

My points are correct but my app is not listed and it says I did t apply for most recent draw. This look similar to others?
View attachment 24549
Yep, NR here, mine is exactly the same. I applied on the 8th, without incident, including buying my license to take effect on the 9th. It says I did not apply but I have my emailed receipt. Assuming like the other posters, it may take a week or two to catch up.

I'm having the same problem. Just saw it. I have 1 bonus point in total and its for elk, should have 4 for elk and 3 for everything else right now. I wasn't drawn for elk this year and the failure notice says I went into the draw with 0 points, should have been 3. I can look up last years draw and it days my elk app failed with 2 points. What gives? Not that 3 points is a lot but did I actually go into this draw with 0?

My page says I have 1 point and that I went into the draw with 0. I should have entered the draw with 1 and have 2 total now.

Is it crazy for me to think that AZ completely screwed people this year, by not having the correct point totals going into the draws? It seems crazy that weeks after the draw the point totals still aren't correct. Their reassurance that people would have the correct point totals going into the draw seem like wishful thinking at best....

An update: I called and was told that the mid-winter draw was conducted off of the old system, so allegedly my 3 points were used. The woman asked me how many points I should have for each species so I told her. 4,3,3, for elk deer and sheep. Apparently she took my word for it, no indication if that will be verified. Stupid me, should have said 16, 15, 15.....

Good luck, hope we get them back by the deer draw....

Draw shows I had 1 point portal shows I have 4.
2 bonus 1 loyalty 1 hunter ed.
I wonder if they will do anything about that F#ck up.

what does your app details page show for individual points and group points

it should show 1 and 3 respectively
portal was updated and should now show 2,1 and 1, total of 4

5 total
4 for my Buddy and 1 for me
I should have 4 with this year app right? why does it show in the draw I have only 1 point.

After talking to a Rep with AZ F&G here is what I was told this year app don't count in the any of the draw's so if you draw they take that point even if it isn't not counted in this years draw (WTF), BUT if you don't draw you will get this years point.
I ask her how they can take it if it can't help in this year draw
she say it just that way and yes it don't make sense to her either.
She said to get a hold of one the commissioner and ask him how they can take a point if it doesn't help in the draw because it's not count in this year draw until after you draw then they take it.
So I Ask how can a new applicant draw a with a zero point if they use the this year point on the new applicant.
I was told it was because they had applicant number so I asked is that the same as a point and she SAID yes. so you can draw using it as a point BUT everyone else can't draw using as a point.

Maybe this is a bit clearer:

If you go into the draw with 3 BPs, i.e. 1 for HE, 1 for Loyalty & 1 for not drawing last year, you have 3 BPs+ the extra # generated by your application, which basically works like a BP. That means you get 4 random numbers.

If you draw a permit, the only BPs you retain are HE & loyalty... total 2. Next year you have those 2 + the app for 3 random numbers.

If you do NOT draw, you have your 3 points + another point (converted from failed application) added for next year for a total of 4 BPs. The procedure will repeat next year with 4 pts. + the application for a total of 5 random numbers.

The NEW applicant only as the random number generated by the application. i.e like having 1 BP.

So the first timer app counts under a app number to drawn a tag but the guys who has mutli points it doesn't count THAT is what she told me and that is what showed in the draw.

SO this years app point don't count until next year if you don't draw.

NOW see if you can figure out why they take this point if you draw since it not COUNTED as a draw point this year?
IF it not counted how can they take it.

After talking to her for 1/2 hour she agreed that this years point shouldn't be taken if it not in the draw to begin with.
But only the commissioner's can change it.

So the first timer app counts under a app number to drawn a tag but the guys who has mutli points it doesn't count THAT is what she told me and that is what showed in the draw.
I can't explain it any clearer than I already have. Despite what the "lady" told you, the above is simply not the case; the application works just like a BP for EVERYONE. Whether someone has zero or 20 points coming into the draw, they receive an ADDITIONAL random number for the application, i.e. 1 or 21 random numbers generated. Perhaps it was a problem of miscommunication or understanding.

Last edited:
Here is a simpler explanation. You do not receive a point for applying. You receive a point when you are unsuccessful. Year one you have no points, year two you have one for your previous year.

First year you have one number in the hat for your application. Year two you have one number for your application and one for the point you received when you were unsuccessful

We can only do so much without seeing your bonus point page and your draw detail page. Each shows points differently.

Sounds like he wanted a point to count on this years application before he it was awarded for not drawing a tag this year?

Draw shows I had 1 point portal shows I have 4.
2 bonus 1 loyalty 1 hunter ed.
I wonder if they will do anything about that F#ck up.

I believe he’s looking at the draw detail report and trying to determine how many points were used in the actual draw.
That screen may or may not be correct but without looking at it, or providing some detail, I can’t say.

Yes if I put in for the draw they same as a first timer his first app get him into the draw with 1 point call a app point, SO WHY would not my app have the same results that a point would also be added to our draw.
How can a Guy first time app count as a App/draw point but guy with same app in his 3rd year it doesn't.

Nice thing is she agreed it should count if a 1st timer app counts as a point in his first year.

That is correct I now have 2 elk points and 1 Ed and 1 loyalty point
after the draw total of 4, BUT the draw only counts the 3 points from last years not this year app until after the draw.

Understand what they are doing I just can't see why a 1st timer gets his App point but guys who been in the hunting draws for a long time their current year point don't count in the draw system.

Think how much those Non Res license fees they collect on those points are you buying that point as soon as you buy your license
or are just buying for next year draw.

Last edited:
Understand what they are doing I just can't see why a 1st timer gets his App point but guys who been in the hunting draws for a long time their current year point don't count in the draw system.
The reason you don't unbderstand it is because it doesn't happen-- period!

So TONY are you paying for that point in 2021 or are you buying for 2022 draw.
Hope you buy a new truck this year and they delivery it to you next year.

I thought we were awarded a point for being unsuccessful in the draw? The point would be given after the draw to be used for following years application.
I think some states, maybe Nevada, give you an extra chance in the hat for your current draw application? Each state has different rules they go by!

Last edited:
I think some states, maybe Nevada, give you an extra chance in the hat for your current draw application? Each state has different rules they go by!
The application in AZ generates a random number for everyone.

For 2021:
NEWBY - NO BPs - APP only = ONE number.
OLD HAND -- 4 BPS (HE, LOYALTY & 2 from previous draws) + APP = FIVE numbers (lowest used for the draw)

Both Unsuccessful in 2021
For 2022:
NEWBY - 1 BP + APP=TWO numbers (lowest used for the draw)
OLD HAND -- 5 BPS (HE, LOYALTY & 3 from previous draws) + APP = SIX numbers (lowest used for the draw)

Successful in 2021
For 2022:
NEWBY - NO BPs - APP only = ONE number.
OLD HAND -- 2BPS (HE, LOYALTY) + APP = THREE numbers (lowest used for the draw)

Last edited:
I'm sorry you feel stupid.
It hard to think when you think you're the smartest in a room.
Then find out you're not.
Have a nice day.

Yes if I put in for the draw they same as a first timer his first app get him into the draw with 1 point call a app point, SO WHY would not my app have the same results that a point would also be added to our draw.

The random number you get for the application does not show on the draw "detail" screen as it is not a bonus point, as noted by outdoor writer.

Untitled.jpg

After the draw, the species point gets added to the "bonus point" screen on the portal, and for the applicant shown above, will now show 8 Elk species points.

Gator your making it more complicated than it really is.
1. Each application gets entered into the draw (even if you have no points).
2.If you are UNSUCCESSFUL you are awarded a bonus point for the NEXT year.
3.Each subsequent point earned for unsuccessful apps, HE, or loyalty are applied to the FOLLOWING years draw.

The only state that applies the purchased Preference point to the current year draw is Montana. ( WB can correct me if I'm mistaken on MT ).

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom