AZ shed pics part I

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
We got back from our AZ shed hunting trip last night. We had a great time and found some nice sheds and ALOT of indian artifacts here are some pictures.

fc551a93.jpg

fc551a95.jpg

We packed into an area for a few days and found a few sheds and my buddy found a couple skulls.

fc551a98.jpg

fc551c86.jpg

fc551c89.jpg

Here are some arrow heads my bro found.

fc551a8f.jpg

The piece on the right was pretty big, we think it may have been a knife.

fc551a8d.jpg

Here is some pottery my bro found he found alot of it.

fc551a8c.jpg

I have some more pics i'll show in a different post.

Looks like you guys had really good trip, I'd like finding the arrowheads and pottery better than finding sheds. I'm jealous!

Looks like a great trip with some good finds. The artifacts are a nice bonus. That rack in the middle looks pretty wide.

BuckSnort:

Looks like you were on the north rim?? I also see you crossed the river right at Lee's Ferry(Great fishing but for another time). You familiar with the Vermillion Cliffs right there? Nice pickups by the way! I have a nice little collection myself of artifacts, many I found in that area!

I thought that artifact collecting was pretty much illegal everywhere. I thought I better find out?..

This is from the..

Bureau of Land Management
Arizona State Office
PO Box 45155
222 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone:(602) 417-9200

?Indian and Other Historical Artifacts: You may not collect any artifacts, ancient or historical, on public lands without a permit. This includes arrow heads or flakes, pottery or potsherds, mats, rock art, old bottles or pieces of equipment and buildings. These items are part of our national heritage and scientists are still learning much from them. Human burial remains on both public and private land are protected by federal and state law from being collected.

Permits are given to people who meet specific qualifications. A letter from a BLM approved repository is required saying fossils or artifacts collected will be accepted. These items must be placed in the repository and cannot be kept by the collector.?

Reference: http://azwww.az.blm.gov/rockhounding/fossils.htm
Site Created by Arizona Bureau of Land Management

00hoofline.gif

Exactly! If the native's wanted it, they could have taken it a couple thousand years ago, right?

It is a risky proposition, I understand. Fines can be steep and they offer some rewards for all that stuff.

00hoofline.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom