AZ shed pics part II

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
We backpacked into an area that was really close to the Grand canyon. We shed hunted to the edge and my bro found this cliff dwelling.

fc551c83.jpg

fc551c80.jpg

fc551c7a.jpg

This is the view the cliff dwellers had from in front of the structure.

fc551c7e.jpg

I climbed inside and took this picture out of the window

fc551c7d.jpg

Here is a shed my bro found on the edge of the Canyon. The buck had an aesome view from his bed.

fc551c7c.jpg

My bro is standing on the ledge above where he found the shed.

fc551c79.jpg

fc551a88.jpg

fc551a89.jpg

Here's a speed goat

fc551c8b.jpg

Man those are awesome pics. Was there any other footprints or any other sign or modern human sign? Was there any artifacts. Your awful close to the park better watch your butt!!! I know a kid that got caught on another national park and he got hammered. ps I'm not accusing you of entering park boundries just saying be careful. I'd like to see more if you have any.

Awesome pics man, those are some awesome sights. I would mind shed hunting in such a scienic place.

later, MM

Hey bucksnort? which side of the canyon were you on? looks like the strip side. those are nice finds. and the pic of the river looking up stream, you took that from najavo bridge right. i guide on lees ferry for a fly shop in st.george utah... and spend a lot of time on the strip. well nice finds looks like you had a great time . thanks for posting....
AQ

BS:

That's amazing! I've stood next to that exact dwelling about 4 years ago while scouting. Not a lot of people venture in that part of the country. Thanks for sharing the photos.

BOHNTR )))---------->

>BS:
>
>That's amazing! I've stood next
>to that exact dwelling about
>4 years ago while scouting.
> Not a lot of
>people venture in that part
>of the country. Thanks
>for sharing the photos.
>
>BOHNTR )))---------->

I don't know how I did that. Sorry Bowhntr, didn't mean to do that.
Those are some truly awesome pics of what seems to have been a truly awesome shed trip. Keep up the good work boys!!!!!!

Thanks for all the comments guys,it was a great trip we had a blast.

fedup,

I'm not sure if it is in the park or not.Either way we did nothing to harm the structure.There was evidence of people there in the past.

AQ,

Yeah it was the strip side.The picture was taken from the Navajo bridge....Awesome country.

BOHNTR,

That is amazing.It's a small world.Do you do any good hunting out there? It seems like it would be drier than a popcorn fart during the archery season.

BS:

I've done a lot of scouting in the lower/mid country. Believe it or not there are always a few MonsterMuleys that do not migrate back up on the plateau and/or higher elevations. There are not a lot of them, but the ones that stay are keepers.

If you find year round water nearby, you will find a few bucks. Nice thing is, you are ususally the only one bowhunting them. One word of caution though, you could hunt a week and only see 5-6 deer total. however, the ones you do see are generally trophy quality. The other drawback is it can get hot!

BOHNTR )))---------->

ain't that the truth, you can hike 4 days up there and see 1 buck, but it'll be a monster! There's a spot below the vermillions that is gnarly country but virtually untouched. We were glassing for bucks from the top of the vermillions, glassing down and glassed up at least 20 sheds, never made it back in there to get em though, nasty county! Still there waiting to be collected!

thanks for the pics, never been in that part of the country. looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm headed to nevada tomorrow and coming home sat. night. me and my cous are meeting my bro over there to look for elk sheds. I hope we find some and don't get to wet, supposed to rain tomorrow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom