AZ spring black bear unit 23N?

huntazido

Anyone out there have any experience hunting spring black bear in unit 23N? I was lucky enough to draw a archery tag and I thought I would ask for any advice you have to offer. Actually I have never hunted black bears at all so any info would be great. What should I look for (besides bears of course), what are their habits and patterns like this time of year. Is calling in the spring very affective? How will they most likely be spening their days? I talked to the biologist for the area and he gave me some general areas but said roads may still be closed due to snow pack. Thanks for the help in advance.

John
[email protected]

Try the Hells Gate Wilderness area. I would say you would be away from people. I have seen alot of sign around the Diamond Butte area a few years ago.

+1 to the above! There is a good road outside of Christopher Creek to get back there and than hike down! Been years since I hunted there, but used to be my favorite spot in AZ. Big bulls and cous deer shot my first western turkey there. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom