AZ unit 1 late rifle

TravKatQ

Got a phone call earlier this week from AZGFD offering me a turn back tag for a unit 1 late rifle, pretty excited to say the least to finally draw an AZ elk tag. If anyone would like to share some info or insight on the unit I’d appreciate it. I have some info to share in return on NM, CO and Wy if that’s what it takes. Thanks, Travis Stone

I know some people who have hunted unit 1 for years, mostly cow elk in December. I'll ask them, I think this past season they saw more bulls than cows. I'll pass on what information I can.

Thinking about having my dad put in for that tag next year... would like to hear about your experience thru the process.

I had the tag in 2012. The hunting pressure was intense even for someone that grew up hunting CO OTC.

That being said I did see a couple big bulls killed by other hunters and screwed up my chance at a big bull.

I had the tag in 2012. The hunting pressure was intense even for someone that grew up hunting CO OTC.

That being said I did see a couple big bulls killed by other hunters and screwed up my chance at a big bull.
I’ve heard those late hunts can get pressure and keep elk moving which can be good and bad! I’m hoping with the reduction in tags and the hold over bulls from last years hunt that was weathered out for most will benefit this year.

I had that tag 4 years ago and took nice bull, it was a fun hunt!

IMG_0318.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom