AZGFD Draw Reports?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
I had given up that AZGFD would publish draw reports this year, but when I checked the website, they were there, although in a much different format. Is it possible to determine how many points it took to draw in the Bonus Pass? What about the 1-2 Pass? Hopefully I'm missing something.

Here's hunt code 3131, 1a,2b I think.

2021 AZ Elk 3131.JPG

Here's what I found, and confirming what I think I'm seeing.

First, for hunt code 3131, Any res or NR with 12 points or higher drew in the Bonus Pass. And Bonus Pass is 5% of the tags to the highest point holders.

Second, one NR drew with only 2 points in the 1-2 Pass. Correct?

If this is true, I might be closer to drawing than I thought! :unsure:

Thanks for the help guys!

AZ Elk Draw Report 3131.JPG

Uh Oh. I see an error in my Bonus Pass reasoning. There were ~100 NRs with more points than the one that drew with 12 points. Something tells me the draw was messed up!

I saw the 19 after I posted, which seemed more reasonable based on previous years.

BTW, what is a fill in?

Thanks guys..

I'd have to call to dbl check that exact tag but bounced cards will open up a spot. That's how I drew; unlucky NR got bounced and I was there to capitalize.

I'd have to call to dbl check that exact tag but bounced cards will open up a spot. That's how I drew; unlucky NR got bounced and I was there to capitalize.
I think its dumb that they don't then give the bonus pass tag to the next guy that would have gotten it in the bonus pass. Instead they just give it to a random person?

It goes to the next in line for the given pass. I don't remember what happens to create the scenario seen in the report.

per the dept; the new reports aren't generated in real time so re issue tags due to surrender, bounced cards, etc will show up on this new report.

One thing to note on these new Bonus Reports is that they are double counting applicants that listed the same hunt code as their Choice 1 and Choice 2. On the old Bonus Reports they didn't do this.

As an example, for hunt code 03002 there were 227 total applicants that applied for 03002 as Choice 1 and Choice 2. So they are overstating the number of true distinct applicants (Choice 2) per hunt code.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom