AZGFD -- Now Accepting Applications for 2022 Fall Hunts

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
GAME AND FISH NEWS
May 10, 2022

AZGFD accepting applications for 2022 fall hunts
Now is perfect time to review portal account information
Mule_Deer_Buck_-_Desert.jpg

The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is accepting applications for 2022 hunt permit-tags issued through the draw process for deer, fall turkey, fall javelina, bighorn sheep, fall bison and sandhill crane.

To apply, visit www.azgfd.gov and click on “Apply For The Draw.” For an overview of the application service, including license requirements, applying for bonus points and payment information, see Page 26 of the “2022-2023 Arizona Hunting Regulations.” Printed versions soon will be available at all license dealers statewide.

The deadline for the department to receive all applications is 11:59 p.m. (Arizona time) Tuesday, June 14, 2022. Applicants must possess a valid Arizona hunting license to apply for a hunt permit-tag. That license must be valid on the last day of the application period (June 14).

In the meantime:​
  • Check your AZGFD portal account. This is the perfect time to review your personal data, including your application history and total bonus points (bonus, loyalty, hunter education). If something seems amiss, call AZGFD at 602-942-3000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
  • Know your Customer ID. This is a must to submit an application. There are four ways to locate a Customer ID: 1) Log into your AZGFD portal account, and click on “View Details” under “My AZGFD Dashboard; 2) Check your hunting or combination hunt and fish license, if it was purchased online; 3) A Customer ID number can be retrieved by visiting www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Draw/. If the account is located, AZGFD will send the Customer ID number to that email address; 4) Call AZGFD at 602-942-3000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
  • Plan to purchase a PointGuard product. Choosing PointGuard Plus, or the standard PointGuard, ensures that applicants can surrender their hunt permit-tag for any reason, and the accumulated bonus points that were expended to draw that hunt permit-tag will be reinstated. A portal account is no longer required to purchase a PointGuard product. Information: www.azgfd.gov/pointguard.

For more information, check out “What You Need to Know,” a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs), at https://www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Draw/.​

I feel like a big dummy dipping my toes in the AZ world, bought my combo tag and applied for deer, but it would only let me apply for a bonus for fall Javalina? Kind of mad that I missed the boat for my elk bonus point this year, but that’s life. Any insights would be appreciated. Also not to worry. Not going to ask for anyones honey holes. I lucked out and married into a pioneer family with land and access around Kirkland/Prescott

I feel like a big dummy dipping my toes in the AZ world, bought my combo tag and applied for deer, but it would only let me apply for a bonus for fall Javalina? Kind of mad that I missed the boat for my elk bonus point this year, but that’s life. Any insights would be appreciated. Also not to worry. Not going to ask for anyones honey holes. I lucked out and married into a pioneer family with land and access around Kirkland/Prescott
Javelina is only open to JR hunters in the fall for the draw, so I'm guessing that's why you're only allowed to purchase a bonus point.

I purchased my 15th deer point. Next year I will be a resident. I was amazed at how many units I can now draw that were only a dream as a NR. Several options north of the ditch. I will need to do a little research.

Javelina is only open to JR hunters in the fall for the draw, so I'm guessing that's why you're only allowed to purchase a bonus point.
Thank you, that makes sense, is the January javalina season considered spring then?

Last edited:

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom