B zone sold out?

heywouldya

Very Active Member
I was getting tags for my family today. I've always applied for the "draw" tags for my first tag, and buy a B zone tag as my second tag.
After I "bought" my second B zone tag for my daughters, I couldn't buy a third one for my last daughter. The only thing we could come up with, is that B zone is sold out already. B zone was a restricted tag this year, but I've never seen it sell out so fast.

hwy

Interesting it has been selling out but this is way early.
B is my second choice so if that's the case I guess I'm out of luck this year.

Same here I applied for B zone as my second choice on my first tag. It would not let you apply for a B zone tag on the second tag because is is now a restricted tag. This was a few weeks ago. I hope they did not sell out already.
Bill

being that it is a restricted tag you can only get one.cant purchase one on second tag until after the draw.

Restricted you can get after draw if they didn't give then all out as second choice during draw..
After draw inquiry is what dfg lady said..
Smacked

I see there error in my ways. The regs say you can get a restricted deer tag on your second deer tag, if you don't have a pending drawing application.
what is interesting, is that I did buy a B tag for two of my daughters as a second tag. But that must be because they are minors?

Well they've already sold about 7K B zone tags. Safe to assume a lot of people will put it down as a second or third choice on their draw card. It'll be interesting to see if it doesn't get filled out of the draw..........

It would suck if you could not draw a B-Zone tag as a second choice on your first tag. I am sitting on max points. Guess I can still archery hunt it with an AO tag.
Bill

>It would suck if you could
>not draw a B-Zone tag
>as a second choice on
>your first tag. I am
>sitting on max points. Guess
>I can still archery hunt
>it with an AO tag.
>
>Bill

I wonder if we'd lose the opportunity to use that AO tag in the B zones if it became a premium tag......

>>It would suck if you could
>>not draw a B-Zone tag
>>as a second choice on
>>your first tag. I am
>>sitting on max points. Guess
>>I can still archery hunt
>>it with an AO tag.
>>
>>Bill
>
>
>I wonder if we'd lose the
>opportunity to use that AO
>tag in the B zones
>if it became a premium
>tag......

Last year d6 was a premium and you could still ao hunt it. Now this year it's back to a restricted tag. It will probably bounce back and forth for a while.

Not sure what to think about the way things are going. What's next!! Between our home state, anti hunting groups, and the way other states are pricing out non residents you better get your hunting in when you can.
Bill

Like Smacked said, they aren't sold out. I made a mistake in reading the regulations. I think you'll still get a B tag as your second choice.
I actually put B down as my second choice because I just couldn't believe they were sold out. I just don't understand how my "junior" hunters were allowed to put in for the draw and buy the B tag as their second choice.

hwy

I think apprentice hunts are exempt from main draw( that draw is it own draw)..I was told to apply for the tag you want as 1st choice and B as 2nd..if unsuccessfully of 1st you get your point and B tag..then after draw pick up 2 B tag if available on What ever date those become available...DFG Spokes person..
Smacked

Minors can apply for the draw on their second tag. They probably can issue restricted tags, or at least enter them into the draw for the restricted tag, on a minor?s second application, but I really don't know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom