Back from natal

billc

Had a good trip and took some great animals. Tall grass and leaves still thick made for some hard hunting and made me understand why I normally go in july or aug not june. We passed on the brown nyala bull he needs a few more years to grow and be mature. Kudu rut ended a few days before we got there and made them hard to find and the waterbuck hide well to. Natal free frange hunting is not easy at all and even the high fence areas we hunted were good fair hunting as more then 1 animal we were after gave us the slip in the fenced areas. I wish we would of had the 14 days to hunt not the 10 we had after our flights were cx 2 weeks before. First time I got jetlag coming back 34 hours of travel time was brutal.We took some culls and trophies

thumbnail (1).jpg

Resized_20210614_094819.jpeg

Resized_20210612_131929.jpeg

Resized_20210611_100822.jpeg

Great trip, looks like you hunted out of the Nkonka Lodge. I was there a few weeks ago. Did you hunt with Ryan and Dave? Where did you guys shoot the giraffes?

we hunted 4 different areas but spent 3 days at daves lodge and took the giraffe as culls off of a place he knew 2 hours away

was a great trip and the mtn reedbuck is a great one at 8" vallie is good also but at 8" there is bigger but we only had a 1 day left to hunt him so very happy to get him. Nyala did not hit the 30" I was after but the shape is perfect to me and he was over 28 so very happy with him also.

And yes the work at home is back on so I can strt paying on the mounts. Lucky my guy in Sa treats me good. Bushpig will be a full mount

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom