Backpack for tall/skinny kid

soupcreek

I am looking a relatively cheap ($70-120) multi day backpack for my 13 year old son. He is still got quite a bit of growing and will eventually fill out, but right now he is 6’1” and about 125 Lbs. I’d rather get him something a little too big, because he’s so young and still has so many years to grow, but I don’t want to drown him. Any ideas?

This is more money than youre asking about but…

My teen son is similarly built - I bought him a Kuiu pack that fits him very well. Very modular with the different frame sizes, suspensions and bags. He’ll be able to use it for a long time. Great pack.

Lots of good packs out there to check out, take him to a few places & have him try them on. DO NOT rule out actual backpacking stores, there are a ton of amazing packs. I have been researching myself for a new horn hauling pack, Gregory Osprey, Dueter, Granite, Hyperlite are a few I have seen amazing Reviews on.. None have meat shelfs but almost everyone is under 3 #s & have adjustable torso & hipbelts. Almost all of them are rated to haul 30 to 40 #s as a rule of thumb !! Just another option IF those dont work for him.. KUIU EXO Stone Glacier or Kifaru all top of the line packs

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom