Backpack rifle sling

I just purchased the Slik sling and it’s well built with lots of adjustments!! I attached it to my pack and put my rifle in it and love it’s ease of use. I’m excited to try it out in the field this season.

I have been using the gun bearer for 8 years on multiple (non-kifaru) packs and I love it. Gun is stable and part of the pack. Depending on your pack, body height and rifle though it can sometimes take some tweaking to get it to ride right. The weight of the rifle is added to the pack and doesn’t feel like there’s something else there to me. It is quick to get the rifle out as well. Some really don’t like them but I have found it very helpful.

I have been using the gun bearer for 8 years on multiple (non-kifaru) packs and I love it. Gun is stable and part of the pack. Depending on your pack, body height and rifle though it can sometimes take some tweaking to get it to ride right. The weight of the rifle is added to the pack and doesn’t feel like there’s something else there to me. It is quick to get the rifle out as well. Some really don’t like them but I have found it very helpful.
ditto. love my gun bearer

i love it for when im actually hunting. it feels off when you first do it but once you start walking around you dont even notice it. way better for ducking under stuff to as the muzzle is lower and right where you can see how low you need to go. when packing into camp the way i have mine set up (sling on the pack its self) i swing it up and strap it vertical to the pack. so you really get two configurations with one sling

I dont take a lot of pictures and hunt solo so no pics with it on and in front of me. But here’s one swung vertical with out changing the attachment point of the sling base.

1C8D7D4E-F507-4CDD-8329-341362B2326E.jpeg

I've used the gun bearer a lot and got another for my wife who started hunting with it last year.
You forget rifle is there for most part. If hiking in/out in dark and have a stainless barrel the shine can be annoying in headlamp. Just put it vertical like Pickett showed

Most of my barrels are long or have a suppressor on, and I also have the bottom pocket up pretty high so the muzzle is above my hat brim. I’ve heard that some don’t like the barrel out in front and theoretically able to swing toward the face. Chamber is empty and mine are high enough it’s never been an issue.

Big fan of the gun bearer, having both hands free and your weapon ready to go quickly is a huge advantage. My muzzle is typically above the top of my head how I wear it, not sure how it could swing back and get me, but never had an issue

Another vote for gun bearer. I’m able to use the universal version on my Badlands 2200 and I’ve really liked it.

Another vote for Gun Bearer. I've been using one since 2006. I bought it for a sheep hunt and now use it on every elk, deer and moose hunt that I go on.

Gun Bearer is a great sling!
One word of advise learned the hard way though. Make sure the locking mechanism on the upper strap is fully cammed over and locked before you stride out. I had the pleasure of having my rifle careen out of the strap and javelin into the soft ground in front of me once. 100% operator error, hasn't happened again since I pulled my head out......!!

Good point Swivelneck. I came close to having the same issue you had so I changed the upper strap for one that I felt was more secure. It has a clip in buckle instead.

Good point Swivelneck. I came close to having the same issue you had so I changed the upper strap for one that I felt was more secure. It has a clip in buckle instead.

Got a picture? I have not had that issue with the normal clip, but I always feel like I’m going to break it fretting it closed and latched down.

You can see the clip attached to my right shoulder strap in this picture without the gun attached. It's easy to snap and unsnap. This hunt was in grizzly country so it was nice having quick easy access to the gun.
Photo Jul 22, 1 46 02 AM.jpg

Anyone used the slik sling https://www.creativeoutdoorsmt.com/products/slik-sling, or kifaru gunbearer https://kifaru.net/store/accessories/gun-bearers/gun-bearers/slings on your pack? Either of them would mount on my mainbeam xl pack. Likes/dislikes?
I bought the girlfriend both the slik-sling and the gunbearer for Christmas prior to her New Mexico aoudad hunt last winter. Based on our field testing them, it looks like I'll be buying a gunbearer before mule deer season this fall. Both were a huge improvement over the standard shoulder slings though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom