Backpack?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I was asked to bring this thread back from the dead. It was lost in the forum program change. If anyone else would like me to bring a thread back from the dead, just PM me with what forum it was in and the title.

1580320565268.png

1580320595053.png

1580320630292.png

1580320660290.png

1580320712101.png

1580320755576.png

1580320776556.png

1580320815545.png

1580320860745.png

1580320878593.png

Mickeyelk, next time you come to the Rubies you can try on all of my Kifaru backpacks. I've tried Badlands which never fit me at all. Used Eberlestock for several years and thought that I was happy. After using Kifaru I found out that I was not educated. I never wanted to spend the price on a quality pack and found out what I was missing after I got one. I have 3 Kifarus and one of them still has a blood stain on it from your mountain goat hunt, lol. With that being said i still suggest trying on every name brand you can get your hands on. How do you do that? Go to the trade shows. Shot Show, Sheep show in Reno, Hunting Expo in Salt Lake City coming up on Feburary 13 thru 16. Last year kifaru, KUIU, Stone Glacier, and I think Seek Outside all had a booth. Try them on WITH WEIGHT in them. Walk around, bend over and look at how you carry gun, water, lids, meat, spotting scope, strapping system, and add on accessories. Heck, if you think your gonna go give me a call. You just might see me there.
Founder, I too never wanted to spend a fortune on a backpack. After I did, I found that comfort is a beautiful word. Hunting is our hobby. Actually, hunting is our life and going without a quality backpack is like going without a quality spotting scope. You put a cheap spotter beside an expensive one in the middle of the day and really dont see a heck of a lot of difference. But in time and after use you get it. Sure you could get by with a cheap spotting scope but once you spend the money on a Leica, Swarovski, Kowa you realize how much better your optic view is and will never go back to a cheap spotter. Same goes with a backpack. At first theres really not a huge difference but in time you realize that you were suffering and didn't know it. Again, hunting is our life and quality gear is something we use on every hunt. Try out a quality pack. Fatrooster

By the way, a quality backpack has great resale value. If your not happy with your choice you can always resale without a huge loss. Fatrooster.

Mickeyelk, next time you come to the Rubies you can try on all of my Kifaru backpacks. I've tried Badlands which never fit me at all. Used Eberlestock for several years and thought that I was happy. After using Kifaru I found out that I was not educated. I never wanted to spend the price on a quality pack and found out what I was missing after I got one. I have 3 Kifarus and one of them still has a blood stain on it from your mountain goat hunt, lol. With that being said i still suggest trying on every name brand you can get your hands on. How do you do that? Go to the trade shows. Shot Show, Sheep show in Reno, Hunting Expo in Salt Lake City coming up on Feburary 13 thru 16. Last year kifaru, KUIU, Stone Glacier, and I think Seek Outside all had a booth. Try them on WITH WEIGHT in them. Walk around, bend over and look at how you carry gun, water, lids, meat, spotting scope, strapping system, and add on accessories. Heck, if you think your gonna go give me a call. You just might see me there.
Founder, I too never wanted to spend a fortune on a backpack. After I did, I found that comfort is a beautiful word. Hunting is our hobby. Actually, hunting is our life and going without a quality backpack is like going without a quality spotting scope. You put a cheap spotter beside an expensive one in the middle of the day and really dont see a heck of a lot of difference. But in time and after use you get it. Sure you could get by with a cheap spotting scope but once you spend the money on a Leica, Swarovski, Kowa you realize how much better your optic view is and will never go back to a cheap spotter. Same goes with a backpack. At first theres really not a huge difference but in time you realize that you were suffering and didn't know it. Again, hunting is our life and quality gear is something we use on every hunt. Try out a quality pack. Fatrooster

Very well said rooster! A high quality pack makes a big difference...mentally and physically.

I think back to the days I used Cabelas Alaskan backpack....and thank God I wised up and switched many years ago! A high quality pack and bag will likely save you a trip or 2 in the field. Not only are they designed to haul extreme bulk and weight relatively comfortably but the materials used are extremely durable, waterproof, and light weight. I hardly know my pack is on my back unless carrying 30+ lb loads....and I'm an old fart! The older I become the more important having a quality pack is to me because I can't do what I once could and it takes longer recovery time! It's super nice at the end of a long day not having sore shoulders, back, hips using a high dollar pack and frame!

Dang FatRooster, you've got me wanting a new pack! I like my old slumberjack external frame-hauler, but last yr a screw that holds on the lower shelf was digging into my waist under a heavy load. Luckily i carry a sitting pad that i strapped to affected area, but it was uncomfortably hot and sweaty....

Hi countryman, no doubt your lumberjack and eberlestock and badlands and many others can carry more weight than we can. So can a cheap pair of hunting boots. But if you do a lot of hunting and hiking then you know you need a good quality pair of boots to ward off blisters, sore feet and damage to the foot. If you dont hunt a lot then I don"t suggest $400 boots, or 3,000 spotting scope or $700 backpack. But if hunting is your life then I do suggest a quality backpack. You might not notice a lot of difference at first but after hauling several animals out or carrying a 70# pack then go back to your old pack and try out 70#. You must learn how to adjust the pack for proper fit and learn where to load the heavier items and where to put the lightweight items. There is lots of info on youtube to help you get educated and learn a lot about packs. Hope this was helpful. fatrooster

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom