Backpacking unit 45 in September

ORHunter81

What is the water situation like? I will be in The Pecos for 2nd archery elk this year and want to stay on the move. Will I bump into water every day even if it's not raining? What are the average temperature swings around 10k? 40-60 or is it getting colder at night? When I archery hunt in Colorado it gets frosty most mornings but I'm hoping it's not quite so chilly in NM.

I have packed into the wilderness a couple of times. I have had no problem in the wilderness finding water. I did the muzzleloader hunts and packed in about 5-6 miles. You will have a great time!

>I have packed into the wilderness
>a couple of times. I
>have had no problem in
>the wilderness finding water. I
>did the muzzleloader hunts and
>packed in about 5-6 miles.
>You will have a great
>time!

Thanks for the info. Looks like awesome county!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom