Backpacks

Lhedrick1

Dad and I are roughing it in Montana this fall for elk. Whats everyone's recommendation for a good pack to buy? Truck is going to be 6-8 miles from camp so will need to be large enough to haul food, water, tent, sleeping bags, clothes etc. Kuiu 7200 looks nice but pricey. Badlands Summit and Eberlstock Team Elk Pack look good but not as big (not sure exactly how big a pack 2000, 3000, 4000 CI etc.) is needed. I know Sitka is also a good brand. Ideally $350 or less.

It's hard to beat Kuiu for light weight and quality. For the kind of backpacking you're talking about you should get the 7200. It's better to have too much pack than not enough. Yes they are a bit pricey but you will never regret buying that pack.

Eberlestock F-1 mainframe and pack combo.
Love mine, it can hold more weight than most could ever carry.
Affordable on eBay.
Mine has given years of use and never had an issue.

Dad bought the Kuiu, seems very well built and tons of space I just don't like how you have to buy the bag, then the straps and then the frame.

>Dad bought the Kuiu, seems very
>well built and tons of
>space I just don't like
>how you have to buy
>the bag, then the straps
>and then the frame.

That's one reason I got the Eberlestock F-1 on eBay. It all came as a package.

At $350 that is going to limit you to only a few choices I have the KUIU 5200 I cant carry all I can put in it for a weeks hunt. it runs arou.nd $400 !! EXO & stone Glacier are Really good packs but over $600. Mystery Ranch & Eberlstock are way too heavy Sitka & Alps suck & Sitka is way over priced .

Well I decides I'd try the Kuiu 5500, ran about $375 as a kit. But of course they didn't have that in stock until October. So I got talked into the Pro 6000......$650 later....OUCH!!!

But it should last me quite a few hunting trips I guess.

LH
You will love the new Pro system. The suspension is super comfy, easy to adjust and fit and the new bag setup is awesome!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom