Bacon hack

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I don't always look forward to making a big greasy mess early in the morning frying up bacon. I came across this idea on YouTube and it works great.

Lay out a couple layers of paper towels and place strips of bacon on them. Slide it into an open vacuum seal bag and seal both ends. Cut a couple slits in the top of the bag and stack them in the refer.

Place a bag in the microwave for 2-3 minutes on high, depending on how thick the bacon is and how well done you like it. Presto! Discard the used bag and no mess in the microwave.

P1010330.JPG

Way more trouble than it's worth! I do mine on the big electric griddle outside on the patio. Every couple months, I will fry up 6-8# of bacon and then put them in gallon ziplocks in the freezer. Anytime you want, take out a few pieces, warm for 15 seconds and eat. Great for the RV also

Looks good and Good timing on this thread. Had a taste for it and Cooked up a pound of fresh thick Bacon yesterday. The better half and I wanted to try something different and put it on a sheet pan with parchment paper and cooked it in the oven. Came out pretty good.

Way more trouble than it's worth! I do mine on the big electric griddle outside on the patio. Every couple months, I will fry up 6-8# of bacon and then put them in gallon ziplocks in the freezer. Anytime you want, take out a few pieces, warm for 15 seconds and eat. Great for the RV also
That would work great, especially if you save the bacon grease for later use. Who can afford 6-8# of bacon at a time? :) Maybe in Idaho....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom