Bad news if you liked the reissue process

You dont even need the list on Wednesday. You will know on Tuesday what's on there. If a tag you want is there just log in Wednesday and purchase it Wednesday. Have it all entered and punch purchase at 11. That's what will cause the crash because thousands of people already have this idea.

Unless they change how there are doing things, that won’t work. The last time they did this you couldn’t log in to purchase a tag until 11:00.00. If you we’re logged in earlier, it wouldn’t let you enter the tag because it will not be available until 11 and it would kick you back off. So couldn’t even start the process until the appointed time.

Unless they change how there are doing things, that won’t work. The last time they did this you couldn’t log in to purchase a tag until 11:00.00. If you we’re logged in earlier, it wouldn’t let you enter the tag because it will not be available until 11 and it would kick you back off. So couldn’t even start the process until the appointed time.

It's been that way the first Tuesday in August as well.

Amen to that. Everyone wins: CPW sells the same tag twice, the person turning it in gets to keep their points and someone gets a reissued tag that years ago went unused.
Not everyone wins. Our quality was better before all these reissue tags started. All those tags would go unfilled and now alot of them are getting filled. Just another reason the quality and numbers are going to crap.

Not everyone wins. Our quality was better before all these reissue tags started. All those tags would go unfilled and now alot of them are getting filled. Just another reason the quality and numbers are going to crap.
I Disagree, a few reissue tags isn't affecting the quality and numbers on units, thats cpw giving out way to many tags that has done that. Go look at what tag numbers we're 4 years ago and compare them to this year you will be amazed at how many extra tags they are giving out.

I Disagree, a few reissue tags isn't affecting the quality and numbers on units, thats cpw giving out way to many tags that has done that. Go look at what tag numbers we're 4 years ago and compare them to this year you will be amazed at how many extra tags they are giving out.
I didnt say it was the main cause but it has contributed. There are more then a few reissue tags. How many of those bucks would have made it without those tags getting reissued?

I didnt say it was the main cause but it has contributed. There are more then a few reissue tags. How many of those bucks would have made it without those tags getting reissued?
Sure looks like you were putting a lot of blame on it for the numbers and quality going to crap, so you are against the reissue of tags? Kinda looks like you're back peddling to me.

Not near as many have died to the reissue list as to the extra tags they gave out. And they started bumping up tag numbers about the same time they started to reissue tags.

I know the units I follow even the low demand units that only took maybe a point or two to draw as a nonresident and are 0 points areas to residents only had 15 or so returned tags and that would be the very high side.
The tag I got this year, there was more 3rd season tags this year then all 3 rifle hunts combined back in 2016, and the numbers had bumped up in 2016 from 2015. 2019 and 2020 they really bumped them up.

What year did they start the reissue tags? I think it was around 2015. I would say the drop has more to do with the tag increases then the limited number of reissued tags but being as they started both about the same time i guess it could have "contributed".

My main complaint about the reissued tags is they let anyone apply, even if you didn't participate in the primary draw. As a NR, I've got $100 or more invested by the time I buy the worthless small game license and apply for an elk and a deer tag or PP. I understand the $100 is the new normal for the NR application, but it seems they'd give those that participated in the primary draw, residents and NR, some type of advantage even if it was a 1 minute head start or something.

My main complaint about the reissued tags is they let anyone apply, even if you didn't participate in the primary draw. As a NR, I've got $100 or more invested by the time I buy the worthless small game license and apply for an elk and a deer tag or PP. I understand the $100 is the new normal for the NR application, but it seems they'd give those that participated in the primary draw, residents and NR, some type of advantage even if it was a 1 minute head start or something.
How about one minute headstart for residents and 30 seconds for non-residents? ;)

:unsure:
My guess is there are not many people that are looking for leftover tags that wasn't in the main draw.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom