Badlands zipper pulls

mtmuley

Long Time Member
The zipper pulls on a Badlands pack I have are mostly all broken. Has anyone had them repaired by Badlands? Just wondering if it's worth sending the pack in, or just make do with something I can attach myself. Thanks, mtmuley

I've called Badlands and told them what size zipper pulls I need and they have sent an exact replacement to me. There are a few different sizes so just make sure you order the right size. The Badlands website gives photos and measurements of sizes and styles to choose from depending on your pack, check the warranty section of their site. I've replaced a couple zipper pulls, they are rather easily replaceable. The same holds true for their buckles as well.

The last couple of dealings I have had with Badlands customer service have been less than stellar. The pulls wouldn't break if you didn't have to pull with all of your might to get the zipper to function. Their zippers are junk and have been for many years. I have had a few packs into them several times to get fixed, and they wouldn't even fix my Vortex pack because the said they didn't sell them anymore. I would recommend getting an Eberlestock pack. I have used them for many years and never needed to use their warranty. A much nicer pack all around in my opinion.

Ordered pulls last night. I like my Badlands. I could just put parachute cord on the pulls and be happy. We'll see if they send me new ones. If I wanted an Eberlestock, I would have bought one. Thanks for the info guys. mtmuley

I think the zippers themselves are terrible. I'll never buy another Badlands.

+1

Badlands are garbage. I've had 3 2200's, first one was great (made in america), 2nd one sold, 3rd I won at a banquet, sold it too. Bought a 4500, total piece of crap, sold it to a buddy who in turn sold it as well.

On a side note, if you are near Salt Lake, they have an office where they can do repairs immediately. Course, the one zipper they fixed for me they put it on upside down.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom