BAN EM!!! THEN ENFORCE IT!!!

So we gonna start banning horses in the back country also? They give the hunter more of an advantage than the bikes do, and you can argue long term drop camps and pick lines damage the habitat more than a fat bike tire. We gonna ban spotting scopes and binos, What about prescription eyeglasses? Some of those are as high tech as it gets. The whole premise of banning tech is a shame. Everything other than what God gave you is considered tech. Everyone draws there own moral line. It gets dangerous when you start enforcing your moral line on others. As hunters we fight too much. The antis would be wise to just leave us alone, we have a tendency to shut ourselves down. I agree with regulation, it is necessary, but shouting, arguing, and pounding your chest because someone can't use an ebike, or a trail camera, or a rangefinder , etc just divides the hunting community. It just leads to more banning and more regulation. I don't claim to have answers to these questions, but guys sure seem quick to try to take things away from other hunters. Sooner or later they will ban something you value.

So we gonna start banning horses in the back country also? They give the hunter more of an advantage than the bikes do, and you can argue long term drop camps and pick lines damage the habitat more than a fat bike tire. We gonna ban spotting scopes and binos, What about prescription eyeglasses? Some of those are as high tech as it gets. The whole premise of banning tech is a shame. Everything other than what God gave you is considered tech. Everyone draws there own moral line. It gets dangerous when you start enforcing your moral line on others. As hunters we fight too much. The antis would be wise to just leave us alone, we have a tendency to shut ourselves down. I agree with regulation, it is necessary, but shouting, arguing, and pounding your chest because someone can't use an ebike, or a trail camera, or a rangefinder , etc just divides the hunting community. It just leads to more banning and more regulation. I don't claim to have answers to these questions, but guys sure seem quick to try to take things away from other hunters. Sooner or later they will ban something you value.
I agree with all of your sentiments, but we have to self regulate or **** gets real ugly for us as a whole. Not all technology can or should be lumped together. A rifle and scope setup that can accurately shoot out to 1000 yards is not the same advantage as a pair of 10 powered binoculars. Sabot and powder pellets is not the same advantage as a scope on a muzzle loader. A compound bow is not the same advantage as a crossbow. There have been technology regulations on hunting for a long time. The big issue we are discussing is newly introduced technology that has not yet been regulated. It is undeniable that modern technologies in the last 10-20 years have had an impact on both the animals and the overall experience for the hunters. I agree that fighting amongst each other is not a great look, but self regulation is very much a necessity.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom