Banish suppressor

elkhuntin247

Does anybody have anything good or bad to tell me about the Banish 30 Gold suppressor? I am looking to get one and no reviews yet on Banish website. This will be my first can and it’s going on my wildcat 300 RUM. Your info is much appreciated

I use the Ultra 9 ThunderBeast on my 300 RUM.
I know nothing about Banish. Sorry

Zeke

I couldn't decide on a suppressor and hoe hummed about the best one. I finally just jumped ship and bought one. Start your waiting and get it over with. There are some new can's that you can changed the ends for different calibers. Gunweks makes one like that and a few others. I ended up with a good deal on a Mantis by Amtac . Mine is for a 30 caliber so I can go down in caliber and use it on smaller calibers .

I just ordered a Banish 30 titanium suppressor after reading the article in the NRA Hunter magazine. But of course, won't have it for 10-12 months (hopefully that is all!).

I Googled the suppressor and found some good reviews on the brand before I bought.

Thunderbeast Ultra series. Being a suppressor dealer that has sold around 3,000 units I have learned you get what you pay for in a suppressor. Its the same $200 tax stamp on whatever suppressor you choose.
Im not going to talk smack on banish, but I will say that today is the first time I have ever heard of them. Tons of reviews on Thunderbeast and they have some staying power in this game of suppressor companies going belly up.

Banish has been in business since 2005 and you have never heard of them? Sounds like they were originally called Varminter and changed to Bannish in 2009?

It is prob true that you get what you paid for, but they all seem to cost too much to me. I will have more money in the suppressor than in my gun/scope combined! There is more cost of material and technology in a suppressor than a rifle and scope?? Hard to believe.

But everyone I have talked to has spent a grand or a little more to get the suppressor with their trust and stamp. So just gotta pay the piper I guess

Last edited:
Banish has been in business since 2005 and you have never heard of them? Sounds like they were originally called Varminter and changed to Bannish in 2009?

It is prob true that you get what you paid for, but they all seem to cost too much to me. I will have more money in the suppressor than in my gun/scope combined! There is more cost of material and technology in a suppressor than a rifle and scope?? Hard to believe.

But everyone I have talked to has spent a grand or a little more to get the suppressor with their trust and stamp. So just gotta pay the piper I guess
Never heard of them, which means they are not doing enough business to get picked up by a big supplier. Things like that scare me for follow up support. Lipseys, RSR, Davidsons, Allen Arms tactical all act as suppliers for suppressor companies that sell high numbers of cans.
No biggie if they have good reviews and guys are happy with them.

I use a TBAC 7 and a Griffin ultra 300. Both are great. I know nothing of the banish, but I’d recommend either of those. The TB i use is direct thread and the griffin takes the taper mounts. Each mounting system has its pros and cons, but both work very well for me.

Edited to add if I were going to run it on a rum I’d go with Zekes setup and get the ultra9.

Thank you for info on both sides.
Foundation do you recommend going with the 30CB break along with it?
Tx hunter that is the same company I talked to. Silencer Central. I’m Here in SD so kind of limited on dealers in my area. I currently have a break on my RUM. Will I see much of a change in recoil when removing that and going to suppressor? Thanks for all your help. Big purchase so thought I would get some good reviews here on MM

Thank you for info on both sides.
Foundation do you recommend going with the 30CB break along with it?
Tx hunter that is the same company I talked to. Silencer Central. I’m Here in SD so kind of limited on dealers in my area. I currently have a break on my RUM. Will I see much of a change in recoil when removing that and going to suppressor? Thanks for all your help. Big purchase so thought I would get some good reviews here on MM
I sell way more compact brake version than the direct thread. Most of my customers have mentioned they like having the muzzle brake from Thunderbeast just in case the rifle is used without the suppressor. Downside is the CB version does add a little length. ( want to say 3/4" compared to direct thread). Second downside is that additional CB are kinda pricey. Around $115 for additional brakes.

As far as felt recoil from your brake compared to a suppressor, you should feel a noticeable difference on a quality suppressor. I haven't played with a RUM forever, but there is a big difference I feel when shooting a Win mag with a brake compared to shooting the same rifle with a Thunderbeast or omega. I just tried a Dead Air Nomad TI on a 338 and the felt recoil was night and day difference. Im excited to get my hands on some of those Nomads in titinanum.

Im seeing about 6 month approvals on individual and 12 months on trusts. Sooner you get the process started, the sooner you will be approved.

I'm expecting mine in the mail any day. I have fired the thunderbeast??, YHM and Banish 30 (not the gold, but, AFAIK, they are the same suppressor). I prefer the Banish 30. Even though I did not fire them side by side. Banish also allows me to remove a portion of the suppressor if I want a shorter can.

Here is a review, but to be fair, it is conducted by the same guy who owns Silencer Central.

I have been wanting to apply for a permit for over a year, but between setting up a trust and going somewhere to buy one, I just didn't get it done. With Silencer central, I just made one phone call and was done. They are setting up the trust at no charge. So it was as much a convenience thing as anything. No telling when I would have gotten it done otherwise.

i can’t imagine not setting up a trust. I want my wife, brother and son to be able to use this thing. And if something happens to me, it goes to them.

I fired mine for the first time today on a Windham Weaponry .300 blackout.

The first shot was interesting. In that split second after the trigger pull, I could hear the action doing what it does...and not much else. Very very quiet, more akin to a pellet rifle. To be fair, I loaded up some subsonic loads. I'll have to try some full power loads this week.

rLJaRGH.jpg

So doc?

This the Shirt You Wear when You Shoot the Gun with the Suppressor?

I fired mine for the first time today on a Windham Weaponry .300 blackout.

The first shot was interesting. In that split second after the trigger pull, I could hear the action doing what it does...and not much else. Very very quiet, more akin to a pellet rifle. To be fair, I loaded up some subsonic loads. I'll have to try some full power loads this week.

rLJaRGH.jpg

I am only 1 month in. And with the elections, who knows how long it could take.

Once you have the federal stamp, you can just buy another one right? No waiting?

There is still waiting.

No Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) approval

No fingerprints or photographs required

Sharing among “members” of the trust

Once you have your Federal approval/stamp and your trust, what is the process/ waiting period to buy a second supressor?

Once you have your Federal approval/stamp and your trust, what is the process/ waiting period to buy a second supressor?
Logically one would think you are in the system, and additional NFA items would be easy. Unfourtantly its not the case. Start the whole process over again. Each serial number is handled as a separate application.

The only exception i have seen has been batch approvals. Have had several customers buy more than 8 at one time. Batch approvals have been as fast as a month.

There is still waiting.

No Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) approval

No fingerprints or photographs required

Sharing among “members” of the trust
Fingerprints and passport pics are now required for trusts and induvial application. Trusts are not the easy button they used to be during the obama years.

I'm expecting mine in the mail any day. I have fired the thunderbeast??, YHM and Banish 30 (not the gold, but, AFAIK, they are the same suppressor). I prefer the Banish 30. Even though I did not fire them side by side. Banish also allows me to remove a portion of the suppressor if I want a shorter can.

Here is a review, but to be fair, it is conducted by the same guy who owns Silencer Central.

noticed some of them fng's may like their suppressors..but their accuracy went to **** by leaning on the barrel resting on the bipod... :cool:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom