Barbary 29-30

elkfanatic

Hey guys this year is my first time grabbing a barbary sheep tag so I don't know anything. I was wondering if anyone could give me a general area to start looking for them? I'm willing to hike a ton to even just see some. Thanks anyone for your help!

23iwidv.jpg

Got a pic of this guy on the west side of Texas Hill in unit 30 about 3.5 weeks ago (a little blurry from rushing to get the photo through the binos). He and another one were just about 80 yards off of the road, but they covered some country in a hurry. Saw them again 2 days later at about at 150 yards about a mile to the northwest. We have spotted some in the past on top of the steep canyon walls of South Texas Hill Canyon. We are always hunting deer, so not really looking for sheep. Maybe some others on here can give you direction to more heavily populated areas that I am unfamiliar with.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom