BARNES BULLETS VOR-TX LR QUESTION???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Wondering how many of you have Tried these on Big Game/Deer/Elk?

And How did they Perform?

Likes?

Dis-Likes?

I Might Try them in My 375 RUM!

Thanks!

Love them on big game. I have been hand loading them for years. Use them on elk and my bison hunt. In my 338 win mag and now my 300 Tejas. Started buying the Barnes Vor Tex ammo for the girls 270 and hand loading them. Great performance on all game. Just put them in the right spot and they do the job!! Have never lost a animal!

Thanks Guys!

Appreciate the Info!

I've Never Shot KALI Approved Ammo!:D

I Normally Take My Chances with LEAD Poisoning!:D

My daughter took a cow bison and an antelope with them and I took an antelope with them...same gun...6.5 creedmoor...antelope bang flop. Bison took a couple then dropped but thats how bison normally do. Accurate little bastards but bc sucks.

We have taken 3 deer and one cow elk with the 145 grain LRX bullets shot from a 7mm STW. All were 1 shot kills from distances of 90 to 545 yards. Cow elk was 233 yards. Broke the off side shoulder. She ran 15-20 yards and collapsed. All the deer either dropped or spun around and dropped.

Accuracy is good .5-.75 MOA. Not as much fowling as the original X bullets. I still like Partitions and Accubonds, but these seem to do the job.

Hey 30Hart!

I Figured where they were labeled Long Rang the bc wouldn't Suck?

But I haven't checked in to them Either?

My daughter took a cow bison and an antelope with them and I took an antelope with them...same gun...6.5 creedmoor...antelope bang flop. Bison took a couple then dropped but thats how bison normally do. Accurate little bastards but bc sucks.

Used them on a brown bear hunt on the peninsula. I was shooting a 338. Bullets worked great, my shooting not so much.
Bullets held together and preformed exactly as promised.

I shoot them out of my 300 win mag. I tried a few different brands when I got the gun and the VOR TX LR gave me the best grouping. So far I’ve only had the cross hairs on a bedded deer at 250 yds. Through the front part of the neck and then broke the front leg. Dead in his bed.

This fall out of my 6.5 sherman 127gr lrx 396yds 0ne inch hole thru both scapula..first kilI for the rifle...also shot a elk at 410 and a second wt buck at 310..with same gun, i shoot the 145lrx out of my 7stw=7 elk and many deer and antelope, 175gr in the 30stw=6elk...I have shot only Barnes bullets since 1998..with over 200 big game shot not one needed a second shot..have only recovered 3 bullets all from my 257dgr 2 still weighted 100gr, and one out of my son's elk at 165yds with a 100gr tsx out of a 257dgr broke 2 ribs and found in the neck weighed 87gr...longest shot was a md at 666yds. And closest was a elk at 50, so unless Sierra screws up something with the Barnes bullets I see no better option for me as far as performance or accuracy. I started on Barnes with the xlc, when they quit them went to the tsx, then the ttsx, and now the lrx in all but my 257 no lrx available so I use the ttsx..

20201114_132620.jpg

SWEET GEEZUS!

GUNBROKER had over 100 Boxes of them Yesterday!

Not a Damn one of them left tonight!

I Just Bought 5 Boxes from MIDWAYUSA!

I have 3 kills with the barns out of my 300wsm. All over 400 yards. 2 deer and one elk. All hits were in the front shoulder, and all animals died under 20yards. 2 recovered bullets that held up perfectly.
My fear has always been gut shooting something with them.

Bess,
I was a classmate of the owner of Barnes and so I have used them in all of my hunting rifles for over 20 years. They penetrate and retain their weight better than any bullet out there. Although in those two decades, I have never experienced it, the knock on Barnes bullets has been that they sometimes pencil through an animal without opening up. Recently I have been trying the Hammer bullets, which are similar to Barnes but they are designed to shed their peddles which in theory eliminates penciling through an animal. I've only used Hammers on two antelope, but those two performed exactly as advertised.
If the LRXs shoot well in your rig, I'd say they will kill any Pisscutter alive!

SWEET GEEZUS!

GUNBROKER had over 100 Boxes of them Yesterday!

Not a Damn one of them left tonight!

I Just Bought 5 Boxes from MIDWAYUSA!
I've got a bunch of them in .30. I also have a lot of .30 Barnes TTSX. The only difference I see between LRX and TTSX is the LRX are a bit more accurate, especially past 400 yards. Dead deer and dead elk don't seem to care so much.

Barnes does offer ammo with 190 grain bullets, and has just the 190 grain bullets available on their website. I have yet to see just the bullets.

I have seen them pencil on lung shots, but never if hit in the shoulder.

For the past 3 years I've used them in Commiefornia and since the rifle was dialed with them I stuck with it for out of state too. 140 grain TSX in 270 wsm 145 LRX in 280 AI. Killed 1 elk, 7 bucks 3 hogs and 2 bear. 187 yds to 485 yds. All one shot kills. So far, no complaints. Very little bloodshot meat, not the biggest wound channel but stuff died pretty quickly. BC sucks but thankfully the Wyoming winds didn't blow when I killed my mule deer.

16098245175481921755807008649396.jpg

I load them in our 243’s , my 270 WSM , and my 264. Accuracy I will give them an A plus grade , killing I’m still kinda on the fence. I’ve had what was referred to above as penciling. Not often by any means but when it happens it sucks ! We took 3 muleys this fall with them and they worked perfect though , closest was 165 yds , farthest was 353 yds. I’m gonna keep using them on deer and goats.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom