Barrel de-resonator

Gimmick. Some say they will work, but if they shrinked group size even by 1/100th of an inch you would see every benchrester in the world using one.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I thought the same way as you Hardway until we put a couple of them of a couple of light contour barrels. In both cases the accuracy was improved after they found the sweet spot on the gun. The Browning boss system adds weight to a barrel too although it's a little more sophisticated in how it helps dampen harmonics. I agree with you 100% that they won't work on heavily contoured barrels. But in a light weight barrel the whippiness of the barrel can be reduced somewhat and in some cases is can actually improve the accuracy. Will they work on all guns... NO ... but on these two they shrank the group size down about 1/2 an inch using the same loads as before with 3 shooters testing them across the board. I would have put money on them not working and lost the bet on both guns. Then on one gun we put a pressure point under the barrel ( business card) in the forearm and it shot better yet. Took the blob off the barrel and it still shot worse than with the blob. Go figure. Harmonics has to do with vibration and reducing that can facilitate improved accuracy on many guns. It opened my eyes even though I'm still in your camp for the most part. Skeptical

Boskee, Fair enough. I had a couple friends who bought them and did'nt make a damn bit of difference. Even if they did work, it would un nerve me having that thing on the barrel. Kind of a band aid to a bigger problem. Weather it be the bedding, crown, chamber, etc. there should be a permanent solution other than slipping a rubber blob on your barrel IMO.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

makes them lean against the truck without slipping.....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>makes them lean against the truck
>without slipping.....
>
>
>great post/pic, thanks for sharing
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

That's worth it right there! LOL!

Have to agree with hardway on this one just means your trying to cover up a problem with duct tape and rubber cement.

7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

Not to toot my own horn here but the kind of shooting accuracy that i require, mostly comes from fine shooting weapons and my own skills, not tricks and gimmicks.

I suppose if looking for the very finest accuracy in a very controlled environment, they may have their uses. I'll pass...at least until it's proven to me that i'm missing some boat.

Joey

>Not to toot my own horn
>here....
>Joey

Too late....LMAO :)

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I seriously doubt one of these things can do anything that some good range work with various loads can't. I'll be damned if my rifles would ever wear one. mtmuley

I have a 284win. that started as a7mm08 i had it rechambered,barrel shortened,also had barrel turned down,gun would shoot 1.75-2.5,it will now shoot 1.25-1.75,you will notice biggest change on a gun that doesnt shoot good.It was my worst shooting gun but favorite to pack. I have now bought them for all rifles.

MOST PEOPLE ARE RELUCTANT TO CHANGE.....KEEP THAT IN MIND. THE PEOPLE AT SIMS VIBRATION LABORATORIES KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING. MY .300WSM SHOT GOOD GROUPS, NOW.....ITS EASIER TO SHOOT BETTER GROUPS MORE OFTEN I FIND. I NOW SEE A LOT OF THESE DE-RESONATORS ON THE RIFLES OF HUNTERS OF ALL WALKS OF LIFE. THEY DO WORK TO A DIFFERENT DEGREE ON A GIVEN RIFLE. YES... THEY MAKE AN EXCELLENT HANDLE, THEY ARE ANTI SKID ON ANY SURFACE, & AND CONVERSATION PIECE FOR SURE. AT $15 BUCKS I JUST WANTED TO TRY ONE........GLAD I DID.......CHANGE IS MOSTLY GOOD..........YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom