Barrel twist question

ridgetops

Very Active Member
have a older savage 110 H series 30-06. Probably built in the 1970s. I've tried Google but couldn't find much on this question. Does anyone have any insight about what rifling twist this gun might have?

I had the same question on a .223 Savage. Contacted Savage, gave them the serial and model number. They responded with twist, date of manufacture, and best accuracy bullet weight. Good guys at Savage.

have a older savage 110 H series 30-06. Probably built in the 1970s. I've tried Google but couldn't find much on this question. Does anyone have any insight about what rifling twist this gun might have?
What bullets do you intended to shoot in it? Most every 06 is a 10 twist and will handle most 30cal bullet.

What bullets do you intended to shoot in it? Most every 06 is a 10 twist and will handle most 30cal bullet.
I was looking into the Barnes 175 gr. long range. Barnes recommended at least a 1:11 twist for those bullets. So I was confused into thinking maybe there were 30-06 rifles out there with slower than 1 in 11 twist. Sounds like I'll be just fine.

There are always expectations but most are 10 twist. If your rifle isn’t twisted 10 you would know it pretty quick on target with those bullets.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom