Bass Hill M8

hntnfool

I drew the M8 hunt this year. I'm curious if I will see any rut activity with it closing November 3rd?

Drew it a couple of years ago when it went later (5th). I killed my buck on the last day and it was little rutty and chasing a doe. I wouldn't say the rut was in full swing though.

The real rut is between 11/10-11/25.

But most years the majority of deer will be down in or around the valley by then.

It's a good hunt.

I've noticed the past two years the rut was earlier than normal right here on the South side of Bass Hill. The bucks started showing up chasing does the first week of November and it was over by the middle of the month. Have no idea why but it's been weird around my house anyway.

We?ve had ?normal? winters, maybe?

Rut or not, 98% of the deer in X6a that migrate into this valley, are here by then.

Rut makes me dumber/easier to kill. But with them concentrated it's still a good hunt.

Thanks for the replies, I'll hopefully be taking some scouting trips. I'm set to hunt some private land at the end of the season based on people?s observations.
Thanks again

Hey Hntnfool, Just wanted to see how you did on your hunt and if the bucks were chasing any does yet? I have the archery tag that starts the 16th of this month.

Thanks,
Jason

I just got back from my Bass Hill muzzleloader hunt. I saw one decent buck in the 5 days I hunted, that I rushed the shot on and missed! I did see quite a few small 4x4s and 3 pointers but I was disappointed in the lack of mature bucks. Hopefully the archery hunt will get some weather to move the big bucks off the peaks.
Good Luck Stick Flippers!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom