Baush & Lomb Elite Series

mtmuley

Long Time Member
Looking for new Binos. I have had a pair of Legacys for over ten years. They weren't expensive, have taken a hell of a beating, and still work well. But, all I hear and read about the Elites is good. Some compare them to Leica and Swarovski. Anybody use them? mtmuley Also, the new Leupold Golden Rings sound interesting.

I own a pair of the discontinued B&L Discoverer binos. They are awesome. There are only a handful of binos that have the right eye adjustment on the center piece. They are very, very, very clear. They are fully multi coated and transmit almost as much light as optics 3 times their price. Magnesium frame, lifetime garuntee, they feel as solid as a rock. I love them. And they only cost $350. A few years ago Cabelas was using the B&L Discoverer and putting their name on them and selling them for an extra $150. For the money you can't beat them.

I would give a serious look to the brand new Leopold's that came out a few months ago. They look solid and they say they have the same optics as the VX-III scopes. I'll bet they don't cost $1,200 like those german optics do.

Also look into the B&L Elite spotting scopes. B&L just came out with a 80mm that has ED Fluorite glass. I picked up the cheaper version at $350. It is the Elite 15-40x60. Clear, waterproof, fogproof, fully multi-coated, and solid as a rock. I think the B&L series is probably the best priced optics out there.

The new B&L glass is $900 for 10x42's. Those are overpriced. There are fantastic optics out there for $500 or less. Don't spend less than $299 no matter what you get. And make sure they are "fully multi-coated" and waterproof to at least 2 meters or they might leak nitro as you gain altitude.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom