BBQ Little Piggy

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
Trapped four little feral pigs last Sat. Put them on smoker for about 3 hours then into aluminum pan covered for another 4 hours. Some corn tortillas, locally bottled bbq sauce, a little cheese with some “Sweet Heat” beans on the side. Wife loved it!!

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_7136.jpeg

IMG_7137.jpeg

IMG_7138.jpeg

IMG_7139.jpeg

That's some fine eats right there!!
A few years ago I went hunting the weekend before the super bowl with a buddy of mine and the dogs caught a group with a couple in it just that size.
Super bowl Sunday we did the same thing that you did, low and slow on the pit. Freaking amazing!

I have found if I cook them like I do a brisket just not quite as long they make great pulled or chopped BBQ, sandwiches, taco or stuffed baked potato. In fact the wife wants little piggy stuffed baked potato for supper tonight!

We took the hind quarters from some 80ish pound hogs we shot last spring and did very similar. They were amazing. Planning another trip next spring.

Trapped four little feral pigs last Sat. Put them on smoker for about 3 hours then into aluminum pan covered for another 4 hours. Some corn tortillas, locally bottled bbq sauce, a little cheese with some “Sweet Heat” beans on the side. Wife loved it!!

View attachment 109348

View attachment 109349

View attachment 109350

View attachment 109351

View attachment 109352
Way to go PH ! I would love to shoot one of them and do the same. At least I can get my Pork Shoulders from the store.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom