Be prepared.

RELH

Long Time Member

Joe Biden's Gun Control Proposals Include Ban on Online ...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...l-proposals-include-ban-on-online-ammo-sales/
Oct 21, 2020The gun control proposals set forth by Democrat presidential hopeful Joe Biden include a ban on online ammunition sales. The proposed ban would also prohibit online sales of guns and gun parts. Biden's campaign website says, "Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts."

It has already happen in CA. You hunters in other states should prepare for this event by stocking up on your practice and hunting ammo if it becomes available at a price you can afford. If this happens, you can bet that buying locally will result in higher prices you will pay for your ammo.
RELH

I just sold mine for a premium, I’m out. I am going to start a U- Channel on shed hunting

Bend over, grab your ankles, no lube, or reach around, the gun haters are about to screw us all with the DC control they have. Think it'll get challenged in the SCOTUS when it passes?

SCOTUS appears to be deferring more to the common good these days than to the Constitution.

These are probably the good old days.

On Biden’s website, it talks about having to register existing items like high capacity magazines and semi auto firearms with the ATF. It doesn’t say much more. I assume it means a tax stamp for each of those items. I did the math with what I have and I would have to pay $7600 dollars with the guns and magazines I have if it’s a $200 tax. It’s probably more, I’m sure I’m forgetting a few. What about the person that bought a $400 striker fire that came with three 12 round magazines? He will have to pay $600? That’s out of balance. Are they trying to make gun ownership only for the wealthy?

Then he wants to have the CDC look into what causes gun violence. I thought they were more for viruses and diseases. Gun violence is a willful thing not involuntary like those other things. I would insist keeping it fair. Leave all mention of guns or weapons out of the study and instead make it about Homicidal behavior. If not, I can see how that study will go. They will recommend fewer guns obviously.

With the election of Barrack Obama in 2008 the democrats controlled the Presidency and both the House and Senate until 2010. They didn't pass any gun control legislation, although Obama did do some things with Executive orders.

I doubt that Biden will be able to push any gun control legislation through. I could be wrong, just hope I'm not.

FYI - please don’t go to the political battle of name calling and that crap. I’ve already deleted one post. I don’t want it here. I’m not sure I even want this thread here because it requires me to babysit it waiting for the name calling. Allowing it for now, but don’t be surprised if it goes away.
Please keep it a decent discussion.

With the election of Barrack Obama in 2008 the democrats controlled the Presidency and both the House and Senate until 2010. They didn't pass any gun control legislation, although Obama did do some things with Executive orders.

I doubt that Biden will be able to push any gun control legislation through. I could be wrong, just hope I'm not.

I hope this is the case. I think it will be smart if he doesn’t do much. He will still have the support of his base just like Obama did even though he didn’t do much. More guns actually sold when he was there and he is still loved. That’s one thing I really admire and appreciate from him, and I wish all the haters would think about that and give him a little credit. Biden’s VP is from California and she seems like she has to prove something. Biden will have to be Woke and supportive because if he isn’t toward a minority woman leader, that could be trouble. California has a hobby of putting walls and restrictions on everything about guns. It seems like it’s a contest for them. That’s the only thing that worries me.

Not as optimistic as you are since extremism has continued to develop and expand. I am seeing how the VPs of past and current presidency's in a sense are more focused (firm believer) on specific political topics than the president. Is this to deter impeachment? Get rid of the president and you gotta deal with this extreme belief?

On Biden’s website, it talks about having to register existing items like high capacity magazines and semi auto firearms with the ATF. It doesn’t say much more. I assume it means a tax stamp for each of those items.

Isn't Congress the only one that can impose a tax? That was the only premise for allowing the ACA to be Constitutional was to categorize the penalty as a tax.

They would have to change the language in how a semi-auto and high capacity magazine is classified for it to have an impact on a Federal level, hence the very power of the Fillibuster.

I could see anything going forward to have to more restrictions but not so much for past.

Also, anything imposed can be undone just as easy...

There are some moderate Democratic Senators and Congressman that voting for gun control would be a poison pill. If they vote for gun control they stand a good chance of losing their next election. That's why it never came to a vote with Obama.

I still believe this is true but I agree that liberal extremism is a lot worse in 2020 than it was in 2008. But we just need one Democratic Senator to vote against it.

I am concerned that interpretation and enforcement of current regulations could change by Presidential order without any new legislation.

There are some moderate Democratic Senators and Congressman that voting for gun control would be a poison pill. If they vote for gun control they stand a good chance of losing their next election. That's why it never came to a vote with Obama.

I still believe this is true but I agree that liberal extremism is a lot worse in 2020 than it was in 2008. But we just need one Democratic Senator to vote against it.
Who’s going to stop them? They have all the cards to never lose another election. Will they play them? They have two years to run the table. They don’t have to ban anything. They can just limit or prevent any company or person they don’t like or deem a danger (for public safety) from access to the banking or credit systems. They don’t like Sen. Josh Hawley, he’s on the wrong side. Josh Hawley book gone. You will see a lot more of this

WVHunter is right about certain Democrat Senators will be reluctant to vote for outright banns. His Senator in West Virginia is one of those as he knows he might not be re-elected if he voted for any banns.
I have to agree with Founder and keep the politics out of this thread as I do not want to see it get the axe. We have members that do not check in a regular basis and I want them to see this and be prepared to plan on maintaining a supply of ammo for their hunting needs and practice shooting as I believe they will go for curtaining ammo by making it hard and expensive to buy.
When CA. banned internet sales of ammo, they also made a requirement that you must purchase ammo though a licensed dealer and that dealer is required to maintain sales records of persons buying ammo.
As a result a lot of small ammo dealers, like hardware stores quit selling ammo and the few dealers left are charging higher prices due to the record keeping they must comply with.
Some of you have seen the photos of the factory ammo I have stockpiled. A large part of that ammo I bought from a local hardware store, at dealer cost, when that store decided not to sell ammo any more and wanted to get rid of their inventory before the law went into effect. Five boxes of 300 win. magnum loaded with Barnes all copper SST bullets was less then 20 bucks a box. I will never see that price again.

RELH

Joe Biden's Gun Control Proposals Include Ban on Online ...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...l-proposals-include-ban-on-online-ammo-sales/
Oct 21, 2020The gun control proposals set forth by Democrat presidential hopeful Joe Biden include a ban on online ammunition sales. The proposed ban would also prohibit online sales of guns and gun parts. Biden's campaign website says, "Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts."

It has already happen in CA. You hunters in other states should prepare for this event by stocking up on your practice and hunting ammo if it becomes available at a price you can afford. If this happens, you can bet that buying locally will result in higher prices you will pay for your ammo.
RELH
I can guarantee this to happen. The liberals love what they did to us here in California. Can't change the 2nd amendment, but they can get ride of the ammo!

Fear mongering
Clinton couldn't ban guns/ammo in 2,terms
Obama,couldn't ban them.in 2 terms & control.of all 3 branches,
I'm truly not worried about the next 4 yrs,
Our guns won't he going anywhere

Screenshot_20210128-095036_Chrome.jpg

It never helped that Obama called ARs " a fully automatic weapon ", Hillary Clinton called them "weapons of war". Detachable magazines bothers anti-gunners because of the quickness of reloading.
High capacity handguns are easily hidden so I always thought they would have been after them big time.
I'm sure many such as Schumer want another go at abolition as quick as possible. I do think tax on ammo will go incredibly high, and the plans for special fees for high capacity clips and silencers will happen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom