Beach Recommendation -So. Cal/San Diego?

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
I am taking the wife and kids to Disneyland & Sea World/San Diego next week. If you had time for one beach visit on the trip, which beach would you recommend and why?

I have read online that Mission Beach and La Jolla are good ones to hit, but would like to hear recommendations from those with experience.

Thanks!!!

I actually thought about specifying no NUDE beaches in my post since my wife and kids will be there :)

So outside of nude beaches, what beach do you recommend for the FAMILY?

+1 on mission beach. thats the "family" beach, there is also pacific beach but thats more of a "surfers" beach.

"Shoot Straight"

I am partial to Laguna Beach. Try and also catch a dinner at Las Brisas. i lived in So cal as a kid and that was my favorite. I also really like La Jolla cove.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-13 AT 08:46PM (MST)[p]San Diego native here. La Jolla or Coronado for sure. Both are very touristy in upscale areas. Clean with mostly normal people. Coronado is closer to the Zoo/ Seaworld than La Jolla is if that helps.

Used to spend a lot of time at Mission and Pacific Beaches. Just a rougher croud and not as clean. If you're looking for family atmosphere, you can't go wrong with the first two I mentioned. Have fun!

Mission, La Jolla, Coronado seem to be more family oriented.

Newport and Laguna seem to be more hipster oriented..but, I think the chance for some eye candy may be better at those two.

Laguna, Newport , Huntington are all pretty fun places for the family. Nice weather, great beaches, good food, and the small bikinis are my favorite. I take my family to Newport beach for most of the summer and usually hang out at one of the three places.

Seal Beach/La Jolla (San Diego) is really great if you want to watch seals basking on the rocks or frolicking. Great opportunities to get some as backdrops in your family photos as well! ;-)

I hear ya - this wouldn't be my first choice for a vacation, but my wife and kids put up with my hunting trips every year, so doesn't hurt to do what they want to do once in a while.

Thanks all for the beach recommendations - minus the nude beach link :)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-13 AT 06:01PM (MST)[p]Spend some time as a teen at Disneyland and loved it. Would love to take the grand kids there someday. Knotts Berry Farms is right next door to Disneyland. Coronado Beach, a must if you are going to San Diego. Spent our 25th Anniversary trip (honeymoon)there. Have a bro that lives there and was our guide. Go to Miguel's at Coronado Beach if you like Mexican food - the best Mexican food EVER! Beautiful beach. Take a bucket and you can harvest some fantastic sand dollars and shells. Can't beat going to San Diego. The most beautiful place in all Cali!

And, Coronado has some pretty good 'neighbors'. Not too much riffraff around that neck of the woods with the Seals down the street. I have a friend who owns a house on Coronado, he says it is incredibly safe with the neighbors they have.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom