Bear bait

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
Any fellow MM’s have a hook up for scap doughnuts, pastries, bread etc….? We normally dumpster dive a few Krispy Kreme’s on the way through SLC but the ones we stopped at had locks on the trash enclosures this time around. We’ll be heading back through SLC on Tuesday.

My 17 year old son took his first bear yesterday (Utah) when this pretty chocolate boar came into our bait station. Nothing much more fun for me then to spend time in the hills with my boys.

17789750-6F6B-4E1C-B92E-4DFF29071108.jpeg

EAF2F462-A70A-46BD-9D11-57BA859E24C4.jpeg

9B43C578-97CF-4253-88EC-AD572D8050FB.jpeg

317B54C3-D777-4F44-9C95-D8382DEFF5CE.jpeg

E1902166-95D3-4C7D-8C8C-8AEA2E713B58.jpeg

Have you guys been seeing much action on your bait sites? We are using some sites that we have used off and on for a few years now, and we have always had tons of bears on camera. This year we only have one bear hitting. It’s been kind of weird.

Have you guys been seeing much action on your bait sites? We are using some sites that we have used off and on for a few years now, and we have always had tons of bears on camera. This year we only have one bear hitting. It’s been kind of weird.
Between work, football and other commitments we only baited this one site that we’ve used off and on now for a few years. This year had the most bears hitting by far. Other buddies baiting around the same area aren’t seeing as many but have some good bears coming in still.

Last edited:
Between work, football and other commitments we only baited this one site that we’ve used off and on now for few years. This year had the most bears hitting by far. Other buddies baiting around the same area aren’t seeing as many but have some good bears coming in still.
Thanks! We will just keep after it. I’m sure a good one will show up. They always have in the past.

Great bear!

My son and other son just went to sit one of the bait sites. We have had several bears hitting them but it did slow down last weekend. We probably have three shooters between the baits. Hopefully, something will happen tonight.

We have been using the Rocky Mountain mix from cal ranch, mixed with used grease. It seems to work well.

I would. check with some grocery stores to see if they have expired produce.

My son killed his bear last night. Traveling back home, currently.
If by some reason you can make it to the Logan/Bear Lake area, I have some buckets of grease if you’d like them
Thank you for the offer. My son filled his tag a few days ago on a nice boar. See post above. Congrats to your son.

I was sitting a bait last year in southern Utah. I got hungry just before the sun was going down. I thought I could sneak down out of my stand and grab a corn dog, half a rack of ribs, doughnut, and a few potato logs out of the bait. Just as I hit the ground I turned to see a huge chocolate sow bat her eyes at me and waddle over to the bait. She threaded three dunford chocolate doughnuts on her claw and lumbered over to me. We sat and enjoyed a nice evening together eating excellent buffet that would rival Golden Corral. It was best/ cheapest/only date I've ever been on! Congrats on the bears!

I’m almost sure the bears we’ve baited over the years that haven’t been killed all have diabetes by now.

I was sitting a bait last year in southern Utah. I got hungry just before the sun was going down. I thought I could sneak down out of my stand and grab a corn dog, half a rack of ribs, doughnut, and a few potato logs out of the bait. Just as I hit the ground I turned to see a huge chocolate sow bat her eyes at me and waddle over to the bait. She threaded three dunford chocolate doughnuts on her claw and lumbered over to me. We sat and enjoyed a nice evening together eating excellent buffet that would rival Golden Corral. It was best/ cheapest/only date I've ever been on! Congrats on the bears!

You're killing me bro!!!

Zeke

If you can bait in UT why did Wade Lemon get busted for it ?
There could be several reasons. Out of season, no permit. Wrong location of said permit. Too many bait sites per permit, allowed only 2. Wrong names of people allowed to bait. And there are many more rules that I am guessing he did not follow.

I’ve never hunted bear, but I have a bait story….. Years ago I was at work when a truck slammed on his brakes and swerved to miss a car that went through a red. (Utah). The truck had 2 drums of dead carp in the back, which spilled mostly in the Main Street intersection. I had to leave my office to avoid embarrassing my employees with my hysterical laughing. I knew the driver, and no I didn’t help him clean it up

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom