Bear hit

hoopscoach

Card just got hit for the cost of a bear tag so it appears moose and antelope are done and now they moved on to the bear draw!

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

Wowee got me a bear tag! First drawn tag of the year. Many states rejected me. Glad I didn't get shutout

If you dont mind me asking what unit and how many points did you burn to get your tags. i got shut out with 1 point on unit 15

I burned my 15 points on the Bosque del Oso 2nd season bear tag. Been saving up for that hunt for all these years so I'm pretty pumped to finally draw! In my opinion, there's no better place in the state to consistently find bears!

I burned my 15 points on the Bosque del Oso 2nd season bear tag. Been saving up for that hunt for all these years so I'm pretty pumped to finally draw! In my opinion, there's no better place in the state to consistently find bears!

Great tag!

Hoops Coach - Hope you’ve got your fall hunts all ready to go in Ak & other spots - lots of them !
Here’s a wacky thing that just happened to me-
I drew a 67 Colorado 3 rd season tag- been trying for that forever it seems. I thought Yes, finally !!! Blew all my points !!
But then lightning struck, I drew a Az Strip 13-B
tag that took 20 years- no kidding. Just about fainted - don’t even know yet if it’s a good year so I may turn that one back in too, & be left with a big zero this year. My guide is doing recon work right now to see what’s out there.! Who knows. The Archery guys already dropped 2 monsters up there . Like OMG ? huge.
Don’t know what’s going to happen now. I’ve got a 10 day hunt booked now already - if it’s a bum year I’ll turn that tag back I’ll try again till I get another hit- if I live long enough - I’m 75 this year, running out of seasons to plan.
Tell me some good news about Alaska hunting & what you’ve cooked up this season ! You are in your element now- bag the big ones ! Happy Hunting!
Best Wishes,
Jerry Gold in Windsor, Colorado

Hoops Coach - Hope you’ve got your fall hunts all ready to go in Ak & other spots - lots of them !
I drew a 67 Colorado 3 rd season tag- been trying for that forever it seems. I thought Yes, finally !!! Blew all my points !!
tag that took 20 years- no kidding. Just about fainted - don’t even know yet if it’s a good year so I may turn that one back in too, & be left with a big zero this year. My guide is doing recon work right now to see what’s out there.! Who knows. The Archery guys already dropped 2 monsters up there . Like OMG ? huge.
Don’t know what’s going to happen now. I’ve got a 10 day hunt booked now already - if it’s a bum year I’ll turn that tag back I’ll try again till I get another hit- if I live long enough - I’m 75 this year, running out of seasons to plan.
Tell me some good news about Alaska hunting & what you’ve cooked up this season ! You are in your element now- bag the big ones ! Happy Hunting!
Best Wishes,
You’re 75. Go on the hunt! My dad passed unexpectedly in 2008 with 12 or 13 elk points. You never know what next year or even tomorrow may bring.

Best Wishes,
You better go on that strip hunt. $.02

You’re 75. Go on the hunt! My dad passed unexpectedly in 2008 with 12 or 13 elk points. You never know what next year or even tomorrow may bring.
Isn’t that the truth ! Life is so unpredictable. Grab the gusto when you can. Roll the dice.
Jerry Gold

Can’t believe anyone would even think of turning in an AZ strip tag!!
Except for major medical reasons.

Well he turned in a Colorado 61 bull tag a couple years ago because of one fire.
I could see that. If he had enough points and got his points back than he would still be able to get the tag the next year. But, even with max points he may never draw another AZ strip tag.

By the way, you have a picture of that bull you killed?

Sorry, though I read somewhere on another post that you got one when grouse hunting. Or something like that. Maybe I misread you post.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom