Bear Hunting

Big_R

Just curious if anyone has had any success with the bear hunting recently? I haven't been up lately but hopefully I'll get a free day soon and can turn something up. Lets see those pictures if you got em!

I went out on Sunday. Saw fresh sign, but didn't see any bears. Looks like they were after acorns. I did take a shotgun for midday quail hunting. Got 7 mountain quail.

My wife has a tag and we went out last Sat. morning and Sunday evening. Didn?t even see any fresh tracks. Thinking maybe most of them up here have gone into hibernation. The last I looked they still had about 500 bears left on the quota. I think we're loosing the battle with keeping bears in check. They never should have stopped hound hunting.

Nice bear, I would knock that one down right now also. Just controlling predators at this point! I thought they were all bedded up for the year because I hadn't cut any fresh tracks, but I just walked across some this week. So keep hunting there's still a few walking around.

Yes, I hunted almost every weekend of November and December. Only came across 1 set of fresh tracks in that time until this hunt. I changed locations every time and covered a lot of good country. This hunt was in new country to me and I just happened to find a pocket of active bears. That bear wasn?t the only one roaming around the area. I found 1 spot a bear turned over a chunk of frozen snow to eat the acorns underneath. It was a struggle to find them but I had a tag and season was open so I'm going!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom