Bear Mauling Post

BOHNTR

Long Time Member
Hopefully this one can stay civil and Brian or I won't have to remove. The hunter is an experienced bowhunter who I know (not a friend just acquaintance in the archery world) that I've been told waited 30 minutes......probably should have waited longer with a single lung hit. Hindsight is always 20/20, I guess. He will have a long recovery and lucky to be alive. Be careful out there.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-bear-mauling-california_us_5b8843a7e4b0511db3d623c4

BOHNTR )))---------->

Glad you posted this. I just checked and the post I just started was gone. Was a little pissed that it was gone with no explanation. If someone added something to my post that was inappropriate only that thread should of been deleted. And if stuff continues the crap threads should be deleted and the post frozen.
Bill

I replied, kept it clean. Not sure if any other replies came in after me. If I was the last to reply then it shouldn't have been deleted.

Also this news link is the same story but different link than originally posted. This one has a few more details.

I hope the hunter recovers quickly and with no permanent disabilities. Maybe a bit over-zealous on trying to recover the bear to quickly? Lesson to be learned here.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

What's to be uncivil about? (Unless you're a tree-hugger trolling the forums) Waiting 30 min is not unreasonable for a solid hit. Sounds like a very unfortunate incident to me. Hope he recovers.

A very unfortunate incident and I wish him a speedy recovery. I've bow hunted since the 1960's for deer but never bear. I have no desire to kill a bear and that's just me. I have absolutely no objection to bear hunting with a rifle or a bow. I had a bear walk within 20 yards of me one time while deer hunting and he never knew I was there. It actually scared me. I knew I could kill it with a bow but I was afraid of what could happen between the time I shot and the time it died. There is a certain implied risk that we voluntarily accept when we stick an animal with an arrow, especially since we can't carry a firearm while bow hunting.

an incident like that less likely to happen here in oregon we get to carry a pistol while archery hunting....

>an incident like that less likely
>to happen here in oregon
>we get to carry a
>pistol while archery hunting....

I would love to see the archery community use this incident for some benefit and lobby CA for the same policy. The inability to carry a sidearm while bowhunting in CA is absurd and just another example of how retarded CA DFW is.

>>an incident like that less likely
>>to happen here in oregon
>>we get to carry a
>>pistol while archery hunting....
>
>
>I would love to see the
>archery community use this incident
>for some benefit and lobby
>CA for the same policy.
> The inability to carry
>a sidearm while bowhunting in
>CA is absurd and just
>another example of how retarded
>CA DFW is.

CBH is already on it.....looks like it may happen too!

BOHNTR )))---------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom