SOLD Bear trap

Twowolves

American Fur and Trading Co. Giant BEAR trap. HBC #6. Outdoorsman collectible. $675.00 plus shipping..NE Iowa. Phone or text 563-five 9 nine 73 nine 1

25056FA7-DE82-4D3D-A1C2-8DBB26F27DCF.jpeg

D9FD83E7-88B5-4D58-97A5-A75ED9528FDC.jpeg

97E6798D-93D0-4375-8D77-1235A63E4892.jpeg

59185B30-8A54-43B0-9074-360FD5330ABA.jpeg

Let’s talk.

Just so you know, scammers are not all that uncommon in the site. That being the case, this being your first post here, nobody knows you…….. you and I are gonna get to know each other before I make a deal with you. But I’m willing to put some effort into a possible transaction.

Post a photo of the trigger pad so I can read that info please, and a phone number I can reach you at.

Question, why did you clean it up and ruin the original rusty look of it?

I’m selling for Wayne. I have posted it on Fb for him beings he’s not in social media. I’ve been a member on this site for a few years and thought I would throw it here beings Fb isn’t the best. I listed his number beings it’s his trap. U can call or text him and I’m sure he will answer any questions you have about it.

I’m selling for Wayne. I have posted it on Fb for him beings he’s not in social media. I’ve been a member on this site for a few years and thought I would throw it here beings Fb isn’t the best. I listed his number beings it’s his trap. U can call or text him and I’m sure he will answer any questions you have about it.
What is your phone number? Let’s visit a little more before I call Wayne. Thanks Mike.

For all who is interested this trap is a reproduction..its what trap collectors call new generation bear traps..that's why it looks new ..if you would like to know the listed price of this trap in today's market please feel free to pm me..I've been collecting vintage traps for forty years just for reference

For all who is interested this trap is a reproduction..its what trap collectors call new generation bear traps..that's why it looks new ..if you would like to know the listed price of this trap in today's market please feel free to pm me..I've been collecting vintage traps for forty years just for reference
I looks quite “fresh” from the lack of wear on the pan characters. Doesn’t look like’s ever been outside the house for very long.

Also, I’ve seen the American Fur and Trade Company bear trap advertised for $495 on other locations.

Not sure I care if it’s a reproduction or not. I don’t plan on using it for anything other than a wall display. The Newhouse and the Oneida have prices listed up to $12,000 and that just what I’ve seen wondering around google the last year. I’m not a collector, I just think they are cool looking.

The truth is, whoever twowolves really is, he’s never claimed it to be anything other than what it is. Course he didn’t come out and say it was a replica either. Hell, he may not even know, but his price is too high for me. I would be willing to make him a legitimate offer but I want to make certain he’s not another one of these scammer jokers first.

He advertised some hunting clothes a few years ago on here but that is his only activity, that I can find, so he’s not been here enough to establish legitimacy with out further research, at least not for me.

However, offering your for assistance is very much appreciated and actually you have intrigued my with you trap collection and associated data. It would be great to have you share some pictures and current values. The early and historic trapping industry is of considerable interest to a lot guys that hang out here in on MM. I hope you’ll take some time and share some pictures and stories.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom