Bear Units

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
Hey Idahoans, how's it going. I've hunted bears a handful times in idaho. I hunt around Island Park ,the bear density doesn't seem too high, tons of grizz and very thick in places. I've seen quite a few hunts on YouTube in Idaho where people are hunting much more open terrain. I was wondering if any of you would be willing to point me in the direction of some of these units that have more open terrain. You can PM me if you would like that's probably better anyways. I understand if you don't want to tell but just figured I'd ask. Thanks guys!

There are plenty of bears in unit 61 but it is hard to hunt them without bait in most of the unit. I’ve come across them in Island park but it was just dumb luck. I’m not a bear hunter but if I was to hunt them spot and stalk I would look at the central part of the state. Bait would significantly increase your chances if you are willing to put the time and effort into baiting them.

i bait every spring and its a ton of work. i honestly just do it for something to do since im not a turkey hunter. way easier/less work to spot and stalk, i do that in the fall and usually kill a bear. any unit in the middle of this state will produce. get the glass out and sit. bear i killed this labor day i think i sat in the same spot for about 9 hours. one finally walked out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom