Bear v. Prius

feddoc

Long Time Member
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offb...in-tuolumne-county/ar-AAHrR8m?ocid=spartanntp

A bear managed to flee the scene after being hit by a Toyota Prius on Tuesday in Tuolumne County, according to the Sonora-area office of the California Highway Patrol.

The incident happened on Highway 49 just south of the Stevenot Bridge, which runs across New Melones Lake between Calaveras and Tuolumne counties.
It happened on the heels of a mountain lion walking into a Sonora-area home Sunday evening. And it came on the third day of Watch Out for Wildlife Week, an effort by Caltrans and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife to make motorists mindful of animals on roads.

The bear ? one of the biggest he's ever seen, driver Damian Riley of Columbia told.....

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

>
>The bear ? one of the
>biggest he's ever seen, driver
>Damian Riley of Columbia told.....

Coming from a Prius driver, I'm sure he knows what a big bear looks like. LOL

Back in the 70s, I was stationed near Fresno. One night a buddy and I decided to go to the Kings River near the base and have a few beers. I was driving a Malibu, my friend was driving a near mint MGB/GT. I was lead and had stopped to pee and wait for my friend.

Nothing for a few minutes, so I turned around to see where he was.

I came upon his car and saw him outside. And as I drew closer, I saw that his car, a white one, was marked with cow crap from bumper to bumper, with a slight dent in the hood.

He had hit a cow, it flipped (and crapped) on his car...but, the cow was nowhere to be seen.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom