Beav rides again. One of them hunt thread thingies

Cam@strawberry

Very Active Member
I drew me one of them LE late muzz tags. At 33 years old it’s my 3rd LE hunt, since you all like these tag along threads I figured I like attention, and we can get together for some fun ?.

I’m not itching to kill a buck and probably will hold out for something better than my current best (160”).

I’m also not much for hunting deer TBH, but I’ve seen a handful of decent deer while I’ve been out hunting elk this year. This is probably the best buck I glassed up and is pretty close to fitting the bill for what I’m looking for.

Last edited:
Good luck on your hunt. I tried to do one of these threads for an elk hunt this year and had to report back on my lack of success ?. Can’t wait to see what you find!

Pretty standard morning for what I expected given the weather, saw 6 bucks one 20” 4x4, minimal rut and a decent bull moose. Gonna see what visibility does for us this afternoon and make a plan once the weather gives me a better idea

EC035ED3-D8F6-44CF-8CAF-DAD8A0225C7E.jpeg

Man, a little lost right now for this. First off, probably the luckiest day I’ll ever have. Just everything fell into place. About noon we got a phone call from a family friend telling us one of his employees had seen a big deer and wondered if we knew anyone with a tag. Apparently we did ?. We were able to catch up with the guy on his way back from Vernal and he showed us where he had seen the deer. When he passed by the deer had topped over the rise and he had just gotten a glimpse but knew it was pretty good. As luck would have it the buck had come back over to this side and he glassed him up in his bed. The snow started in earnest right as we set up and I got some video that let us know he was definitely a good deer.

Not ideal conditions obviously. The deer was on a small piece of private property and we began the process of seeing if we could track down the owner and contact. Through sheer dumb luck and about 100 calls we did.

The storm had set in in earnest and we were unable to locate the deer for the bulk of the afternoon. At about 5:30 the storm let up to give us 600 yard vis or so and we started finding deer in the brush. At 6 we caught a glimpse of him moving and I took off to get into a shooting position. He came out perfectly at 300 yards and then put some brush between himself and me. I was able to cut the distance down to 100 yards and get a good shot on him.

He went about 100 yards and nose dived into the snow. Just like that it was over. This deer far exceeds my hopes for the hunt, I had my dad with me who is 1 year removed from a heart attack while hunting elk in Nevada this week. Just a special deal all around.

I haven’t taped him, but we did run one to see he gets that magic 30” number on the nose. I think he should land somewhere right close to ‘the number’. Absolutely grateful from top to bottom to the guys I get to hunt with and the effort we all put into having these kinds of experiences together.

253A54F0-D5B4-4396-9CB3-76ECB080FFE2.jpeg
7BBAD5A1-9A05-441D-A59B-3A45FEB51957.jpeg
43548765-3F7D-49A2-A577-3ED7E994A7AF.jpeg
DF601E1D-8FDA-4D25-80B1-1195309E9F0F.jpeg
C610319C-A0C0-4E73-84CD-48D4566FBB0F.jpeg
DD431B2A-B241-4DC5-9942-F7EFAFCAA354.jpeg

Well BEAV?

How's it Feel To Take a Buck of The NON-PISSCUTTER Type?

I Wish Somebody Would Tell Me Where There's a 30"ER!:D

Nice Job!

Thanks guys, I ran a tape this morning and got 201.25”. Admittedly so, I am generous and always err on the side of the animal with questions about where to start a tine or webbing. I believe if they grew it they get credit for it.

Couple bits, MB 23/22.5” mass 37” inside 25”. 2’s were both 18”+ outside was 30”

Love it Cam. I could hear the excitement in your voice last night when you called as you dragged him out. Pretty cool you got to share it with the old man and Clarke. They definitely had a scary moment last year.

So awesome for you BB!!!
Excellent trophy regardless of the real score....which I'm sure you're not too far off.

I too always err on the side of the animal (loose tape), hahahaha.

Zeke

I've got a late muzzy tag myself, heading out tomorrow and going to hunt till the end. The image of your buck in the snow will definitely help me get out of bed and brave the cold, just hoping and looking for that one special buck!
I hope we all follow along again?

Heck yeah that’s an awesome buck! Congratulations on a stud. I hope to one day break that 200 inch mark, and mule deer are better then elk especially this buck.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom