Beaver Mtn. Goat

1Bigbull

Well, I was very lucky this year and drew a non resident tag for goat on the Beaver unit. Starting my research and was hoping someone may have some insight or starting points. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Jason

Head up Big John Flat and just keep driving north on the road. You should see some on Delano or Bullion Canyon

It’s already been mentioned. Drive from big Johns Flat, up and over into bullion canyon. If you don’t see any goats, turn around and do it again. You’ll find them up there. Good luck!

Well, I was very lucky this year and drew a non resident tag for goat on the Beaver unit. Starting my research and was hoping someone may have some insight or starting points. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Jason
Good unit. Which hunt, early, late? I will PM this weekend.

Following.

I started a thread over in the goat section about Beaver not knowing this was here. Not many people get to hunt goats so finding info can be hard. Thank goodness for this site and the good people on it.

Good luck 1BigBull, maybe we will run into each other on the mountain. I will be the old fat guy with a limp.

Good luck to you as well. I'll pm you my name and number before I head out. Just in case need some help while we are out there.

Jason

1bigbull and albubba,

I just tried to send you a PM but not sure I did it correctly. Let me know if you receive it (or if you don't).

Easy hunt unless the altitude gets you. like others have said drive until you see them. My goat age came back as 8 years old from there. find the snow drifts they are usually not far from them

Santana,
I received your message. I appreciate the help from you and from everyone else. Hopefully a nice goat pic will hit this forum in September...

AWESOME TAG! 11 POINTS!! DAMN LUCKY> If you need any further help send me a message. We saw a few goats a couple weeks ago.

Same Hunt I applied for and it’s cool to see that you drew with 11 points always gives you hope that you can actually draw regardless of being miss or not. Good luck looking forward to seeing how your hunt goes.

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_4555.JPG

IMG_4554.PNG

Here's my Beaver goat from a few years ago! Finally mustarded up the funds to get a full body mount. Should be complete in about a week or too.
Fun hunt your in for a blast!
I recommend going up a day or 2 before your hunt to acclimate to the altitude. Not a gimme hunt by any means! I planned on taking mine with a bow after scouting all summer and all the close encounters I had turning that time I thought it was going to be an doable. I had the 2nd hunt and after they had been hunted the first go around it was tough to get within bow range. They spotted any unfamiliar movement or being and they headed straight into the cliffs.
Good Luck to you!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom