Beer Consumption????

kilowatt

I just placed an order through a friend of my wife's to buy some beer for an up coming Reunion to be held in Las Vegas with some of my Army buddies. Other than 3 of them, have not seen the others in 40+ years.

Now some of them said that they probably don't drink more than 12 beers in a month, let alone 2 days. Latest count is looking at 18 guys to share 10 CASES OF BEER.

This beer is called "33 Export" and is bottled in Vietnam and is not cheap compaired to Millers or Bud.

Just wondering if 5 cases would be enough instead of 10?? Most of the guys will be flying into LV but I will drive down there.

Wonder if Paul Crawford could give me an experts advice on how to handle this dilema?

Brian

Being a fellow expert on drinkin' beer, I will settle this with a little mathmatics. 10 cases is 120 beers. Divide that by 2 days is 60 beers. Divide that by 18 men and thats 3.33 beers a day. Now throw in that youre in Vegas with a bunch of nuddy girls and to my conclusion you are WWWAAAAYYY under beered. I would say a cold pack per man per day, and if the venerable beer swiller Paul Crawford shows up. You are in big trouble. My opinion, Jingow

From what I've "heard" here's the order. The 24 or 30 packs could each be considered a "Case" depending on the brand.

Half Rack--6 pack.
12 pack----(never heard a name)
"Case"-----24 pack.
30 Bomb----Case of 30 beers.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

WOW, I can see someone needs to go back to school. There are 4 six-packs to a case, so one case is 24 Bottles, now times that it is 240 bottles of beer, now divide that by say 18, if the wives don't drink any, then it comes to 13 beers per person.
Then divide it again by 2 for the two days makes it a 6 pack a day.
I have been told by some of them that they don't drink like that anymore, so now will just wait and see how many others say the same thing.
One guy told me that he wants to be able to have a good time and remember it all after all of these years. LOL

Brian

All depends on where you are, here in BC a case is 12, a flat is 24, back east a case is 24. I would say 240 is a good start, pending on how much the boys try to get back to old time drinking.

Kirby

When in doubt, floor it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you find a big stick.

If it's Vietnamese beer I do believe a case is 12 but in the good old us it is tweenty four. Still too few. My opinion again.

Ok, take it from a guy that worked for Olympia, Pabst and Miller for many years. Here in the US a 6 pack is just that, a half rack is 12, a case is anything over a half rack, ie 15, 18, 24, 28, 30, 36 etc. Figure 8 beers per person, per day and you should be fine. So, 18 x 8 = 144 beers = 12 cases.
watermark.php

yotewalk.gif

Eric

what 'bear said...
i would want 8-10 per day as long as it was a 2 day period.
figure some people want less, some want more.

If you run out, you can always buy domestic. Buy that time they won't know the difference.....LOL

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Regardless on the amount a vietnamese case is that stuff is near 10 bucks a six pack.. 18 packs of bud and coors on sale for 9 bucks at longs drugs.

I will get it at cost, but even still it is about the "old days" we all were together over 40 years ago and that is what we drank and had a good time back then in mid 60's in Vietnam.

Most of the guys have not even tasted a 33 beer since they left, a few of them even said not sure they would like it now, but are waiting for the chance again among their buddies.

Brian

Can't say what 33 was like back then, but its a decent beer now. I drank alot of it in Tailand and Taiwan, but maybe it was just the quantity that made it good...

Kirby

When in doubt, floor it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you find a big stick.

As long as there are NO guns and NO driving included , is there such thing as too much beer ???

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom