before 1964 flood in klamath calif

Hey eelgrass that's me up in Klamath with my Bluetick on the porch.

20200206_141048.jpg

Every time I drive 101 along the South fork eel corridor I eyeball those high water marks and try to fathom that amount of water there.

Klamath was pretty well wiped out in the 64 flood. Did that house survive? I was working and living in Klamath in 1966.

I remember duck hunting on Humboldt Bay the winter of 64 and seeing all the helicopters coming and going taking emergence supplies to all the stranded people all over the county. We were all cut off and isolated from the rest of the world. All the roads and bridges were washed away.

I remember duck hunting on Humboldt Bay the winter of 64 and seeing all the helicopters coming and going taking emergence supplies to all the stranded people all over the county. We were all cut off and isolated from the rest of the world. All the roads and bridges were washed away.

....and all the game wardens were busy?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom