Beginner muzzleloader

PSEbackcountry

Looking to get into the muzzleloader game... just don’t want to drop a ton of money on something in case I don’t like it. NOTE: I can’t have a scope as I live in WA state. I don’t plan on hunting anywhere I do need a scope with it. It’d just be for deer. I’ve done some research but very torn. Open to .45 or .50 caliber. Opinions or thoughts?

If you never ever plan to use conical bullets, and only use sabots, the T/C impact shoots well

If you think you might want to hunt out west someday, in a state that requires conicals, you should look at CVA Optima 2. It will shoot sabots and conicals both

Both can be bought with open sights for less than $300

Sidelock was my first gun. And just had a friend make me another another one
EF0DC290-A0A7-4342-A80F-1AE7E2EFB54B.jpeg

CVA wolf or optima are very inexpensive guns that will serve your needs. Blackhorn 209 powder and Federal Bor Loc lead 350 bullets if you can't use sabots in your states

I totally agree. I have an Omega ( which is basically the same gun) and it was the rifle that started it all with a rear break action with inlines

BUT, you can’t count on them shooting conicals. They are designed to shoot sabots. Some will shoot conicals but many won’t. And TC won’t back them up if they don’t

Make sure you check the Washington Reg’s as I think it is like Idaho and the muzz has to be Northwest legal? Which means no 209 primer ignition system. If you plan on hunting other states check which ones you can get a kit for and switch it out. I did that when I got my CVA Acura.

Make sure you check the Washington Reg’s as I think it is like Idaho and the muzz has to be Northwest legal? Which means no 209 primer ignition system. If you plan on hunting other states check which ones you can get a kit for and switch it out. I did that when I got my CVA Acura.

WA state just actually legalized 209s a couple years back. Along with expandable broadheads. But I honestly don’t plan on hunting other states with it to be honest. I just want to try something new starting with a good ol black tail. Then might go for a white tail or mule deer on the East side. That’s if I like it. So nothing too crazy. Thank you all for the input!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom