Benelli vs Beretta

rutnbuck

Long Time Member
I am looking to get a new auto loader 12. I have had both Black Gold Eagle and a 301 in a Beretta. I like the gas operation better however I haven't had a chance to play with the new models. Any Input. Probably just wood 3 inch mag. How about the pros and cons of the different models? Any other suggestions? Rut

Women love me!! Fish shudder at the mention of my name!!
It's not the quack but the flight of the wild duck that leads the flock to destiny!!
Quack Away!!

rnb,

I have the AL 390 Silver Mallard in Beretta. I looked at them all and was thinking Benelli, but the price, looks, and feel made me decide on the Beretta. Never a problem just shoots sweet.

If I was getting a waterfowl gun, I would lean to Benelli though. Anything else I would look hard at Beretta.

One thing to think about. I was torn between the 26, 28, and 30 inch barrel. I reluctantly bought the 26. I previously had a Wingmaster in a 30. From what I found barrel length is not an issue with chokes. I love the 26 because it is easier to carry and shoot for me.

Ktc Thanks my thoghts are about the same. So tell me dose the Silver Malard have the narrow rib or the feild rib? A little wider and flat or low profile?
Rut

It's not the quack but the flight of the wild duck that leads the flock to destiny!!
Quack Away!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-06 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]I dunno!

My rib is 1/4" high above the forearm and 1/4" wide. I would say field? I measured it so these are not a guess.

Whoops! 1/4" high above the barrel above the forearm area! It tapers down as it gets to the end of the barrel.

Kewl that is what I want. The feild version is 3/8 and lays low. Now just finding one. So tell me have ya got your bull all picked out? Been down scouting yet? Kill a big one buddy. If ya need I can put that 390 to work. No tags for me this year think i will just do birds. and Fish.

Rut

Quack Away!!

Hey tinkerbell, buy my Winchester super X2. It shoots the 3.5 shells. You need it, Ive seen you shoot. Kiddin, if you know anyone looking for a good 12 guage let me know.

elk_img_01.gif

Extrema 3.5"..That and a Browning O.U Waterfowlers Dream gun(fires everything)!
are all I shoot! I heard of problems with super black eagle!AND THEIR SERVICE IS THE WORST!!
JACK

So Muzz you going to give me a Church discount and Friendship discount? After all I am a member of a church. Bring it over maybe I can help ya out. That and I got my bull back come check it out!! I think I need to go Beretta. Oh Neilo got caught hunting with out his license in his possession he left it home. So they gave him 30 hrs. Community service they made him go out with the D.W.R. on Air Boats out on the Bay and catch geese and band them. I think I need to hunt with out a license. What hunts are ya doing this year?
Never was a doubles gun guy Rack. I have looked at it though. Nice. I won't do 3.5? Now if I was a stud like Muzz and needed to pack all that extra weight/ shells to make my self look good and shoot better . It would be a different story. Got to go wood auto 30 inches. So Rack have you got all the geese spotted? I would like to do spring depredation no limit on Snows in Wyo, or NE. will see.

rut

Quack Away!!

I own both Beretta's and Benelli's. I like the gas operation of the Beretta's and how easy they are to field strip or clean. The SBE is a job to say the least, but a good gun never the less. If it's real cold and I'm wearing heavy clothing, I take my SBE due to the length of pull being shorter than my Beretta's. Shouldering the Benelli with heavy clothing on feels the same as shouldering my Beretta's with a shooting vest on. Last year I bought a Beretta Extrema. No problem the first time I shot geese with it; it was fairly warm. The next trip was cold (30*). The first shot fired but the empty case hung in the receiver. Evidently there was something akin to grease in the receiver and bolt assembly that caused the problem. My fault for not taking the gun apart and cleaning it. I would buy a 3.5" if possible however. It's more adaptable to all types of hunting. grayghost

Hey rut what about northern colorado goose hunting, i know they have some weird dates, gotta study the regs, and maybe the wife will let me go out and chase some geese and ducks, since i have a baby on the way, and i am not back from Iraq yet looks like the deer and elk are gonna be safe from me for the next 2 years, next october i am gonna be back in iraq. I am still a goose virgin, i have hit them just never knocked them down. I never really was too big on bird hunting, my brother in law got me hooked in 05, i need to step up to a big boy gun get me a 3.5, was thinking about either the benelli, or a o/u browning, my bro in law has one and i really like them both. Anyways have a good day/night everyone scott

Well Guys I ended up checking them all out. I decided on the Beretta Tekenys 391. Gold Trap 32?. Parallel comb Trap grade. Upgraded Wood and long chokes. 3". It is a great looking gun. Can't wait to shoot it. However I found a 12 - 20 set in a Benelli that about followed me home. More of a collectors set. With all the gold fancy inlays. Maybe next year.
Muzz bring that gun over I want to look at it!! Oh sorry I got your post about the Muzzy hunt to late but anyway the only nice buck I have seen I hit with my car coming down Denials doing 55. Big old 4x4.
HuntNfever are you back yet? And when will ya be back? Hope things are good for ya in Iraq!! Hats of to ya buddy. Shoot me a IM or Email and we will see if we can get hooked up or maybe try depredation Snow Goose in SW Wyo.
Thanks all for the Input it was most helpful.

Rut

Quack Away!!

Personally I've only used my dads Benelli Black Eagle II for Turkey hunting and some waterfowl but I absolutely love it.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-06 AT 03:43PM (MST)[p]I have used and ownedboth, but really prefer Beretta over Benelli. If you ever have a problem with a benelli you might as well can it! Their service doesn't exist.
Beretta's shot better, softer recoil and easy to maintain. Beretta is supported by an excellent service staff. I know you will Love your new beretta. As for 3 inch VS 3 1/2 inch chambers, there really is no need for 3 1/2 inch. I shoot all my turkeys and honkers with 3 inch shells and they die instantly...they don't even know the difference! But my shoulder and wallet does.

TM

Mossback. My thoughts exactly!! After having it and shooting it I am glad I took it over the Benelli. I had a Black Eagle and this also fits me better.
Good luck all
rut

I have delt with both brands a lot. I work behind the gun counter in Cabelas and have heard and read a lot about both. I have a Beretta 391 gold and it doesnt fit me that well. That is why i am getting the benelli M2 it fits me like a dream.
It all depends on what feels best for you. you cant go wrong with either it just depends on what feels best for you. both guns are going to shoot well and most likely wont jam up. my suggestion is go to a store and do dry runs with both. benelli is going to be a little lighter across the board. if your worried about the weight of gun benelli is the way to go.

I got the Benelli SBEII and the customer service is good.
I got the Beretta Extrema II and it is good.
I got the Browning Citori Camo MOBU O/U and it is perfect.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom