Bergara Rifles

I have the Bergara Ridge in 6.5 Creedmoor. I love it. Very accurate, very comfortable and not as important, it's a great looking gun. I've only put three boxes of ammo through it, but so far so good. I'll eventually buy another one in .300 win mag.

I wanted one till my gunsmith said he had two come in with firing pin issues the bolt just falling apart...?

I have one in 300win.
Thing flat out hammers with 215 Berger hybrids. Shoots with or out shoots some of my custom 30s that I have 3x the money in.

Coloradoboy

I've had one in 6.5 creedmoor for a couple of years now. Extremely accurate rifle, action is very smooth and positive. They had some issues on earlier production runs that bergara is aware of and seems to be correcting. Mine has a large firing pin would blow small rifle primers. It had a cast bolt shroud which sheared off at the threads, bergara replaced immediately with a machined bolt shroud, no issues since. Extraction was erratic, bergara sent me a kit immediately to rebuild the bolt (springs, plunger etc.) no issue since. There is a group on facebook, bergara enthusiasts, lots of info. I really like the b14 action, in fact I wont buy another remington after owning a bergara, it's basically the 700 action after you've paid to have it slicked up and accurized. The trigger is very good out of the box, I installed a trigger tech on mine cuz thats what I'm running on my other rifles. I run mine suppressed with a TBAC 7. It's a little heavy for humping aroud the mountains. Fun rig to shoot though, my 14 year old daughter has already asked if she can have it when I die...

Glad I didn’t buy one that’s for sure ! Sounds like after everything falls apart on them , then they are wonderful shooters ? No thanks ! Only positive thing I’ve heard is the company is good about sending parts to fix their screw ups. Get what you pay for .......

hahaha I love how people who have never owned one act like they know anything about them. I picked up a Bergara b14 hunter in 7mm after shooting a buddy's in 300wm. First day out of the box with his gun i shot a 4 shot group that was 1/2" at 100 yards with factory ammo which is what convinced me to buy one.

My 7mm is more of the same. Legitimate first shot hits out to 850 with factory ammo. (my range won't allow me to shoot any further than that but i am willing to bet it will shoot just fine out to 1000) I am sure some people have had issues with theirs but i have absolutely zero to complain about and think they are great guns. Not to mention you will find a lot more people talking highly about them than you will talking negatively about them. And if a company is good about taking care of issues like Bergara that's all the more reason to buy one of their guns. They shoot great, feel great in the hand, are affordable, and you can tell they aren't cheaply made like a lot of guns these days. so yeah you do get what you pay for... and with a bergara that is a good quality rifle that will impress.

haha I am a salesman. not a rifle salesman, but a salesman nonetheless. And they may not be for everyone, nothing ever is. but I do love mine and would buy another one without hesitation.

Very accurate guns for sure. Only real negative I've seen from several people is the barrels don't get the round count you'd expect from the magnum level chamberings. Only thing we could think of is maybe the barrel material "may" be slightly softer causing the barrels to wear out sooner. I won't give specifics, but it was enough to be upset about.

yeah that would be a negative for sure since Bergara is supposed to build great barrels. I'll be honest in the fact that I shoot just enough to stay confident. I by no means shoot a lot so Barrel life is never really a factor for me, but I can see how that would be a knock against them.

Update on this topic. I ended up with the new B14 HMR in the wilderness series, first impression is all positive. Have settled in on powder and bullet, just tinkering with seating depth for final load development.
She’s a beauty Clark!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom