Best .300 Weatherby factory round

deerhuntr4885

I'm thinking of buying a .300 Weatherby. I am looking for a good deer/elk round that holds together well and is good long range. I do not reload so I'm looking at factory loads only. All input will be considered. Thanks guys.

Mike Henne

The 180 Partition or Accubond would well, so would the 165 Barnes TSX.

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

As Tony said, the 180 Partitions, Accubonds and TSX would be good bullet choices. Since you don't reload, the cost of ammo may be a factor if choosing to buy a Weatherby.
A 300 Winchester Mag would be another fine chambering choice with a greater supply and variety of less expensive factory ammo for long range practice.

RR

I totally agree. Weatherby factory stuff is quite pricey, with the premium stuff at around $50 a box on average. 300 win stuff is usually about $15 a box less. I have a friend that shot Hornadys heavy magnum load for several years with great success, they run about $27 to the box.

mike i sent you a pm back.

I shoot 150 partions for my deer, but like i said in the pm, i think i might want to try the new accubonds and maybe step up to the 180 grain bullets but i have done so well with the 150's i am just scared to try something new haha. Good luck.

Thanks guys... good info. And Tony....bring back bouncing Betty! Anyone who is offended by a cartoon is a schmuck!

Mike Henne

>Thanks guys... good info. And
>Tony....bring back bouncing Betty!
>Anyone who is offended by
>a cartoon is a schmuck!
>
>
>Mike Henne

Tell me about it! But Founder did specifically ask me to take her down...... :( Maybe I will bring her back for a limited time run...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom