Best 7-mag with break for $1200 or less

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
The caliber has been settled....7 mag my favorite all time round.. I am mentoring a younger guy and he is going to have a $2500 or so budget for a rifle rig. I love my Huskemaw 4-16-42 and likely will point him in that direction. Looking for suggestions on a good rifle that is less than $1200 or so. Also might be looking for used if the deal is fair. Thanks!!!

Browning x-bolt eclipse cool thumb hole stock and muzzle break. Mine shoots sub one inch groups with factory rounds.

Thanks guy for the responses....the Bergara is interesting...most of their guns are $1800 plus...I hear that most gun price points are just that they basically making the same gun running through the same production but want to tap into different markets

I had a browning xbolt in 26 and 28 nosler and both shot very well for factory rifles with a little TLC on the reloading bench

Horny I looked and it seems Bergara is a tiny bit lighter than the Savage...yes and Tikkas are shooters too from what I have heard

I’d look at the Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Speed. Or any of the x bolts, for that matter. I just like the look of that one. You can get other models for less price.

Lots of good factory guns out there these days. I’ve heard really good things about the Tikka T3, but when I was buying my 7mm a few years ago I did not like how it felt when I held it. I went with an x bolt, and I’ve liked it.

A few years ago I won a Thompson Icon in 300 Win Mag at a Mule Deer Foundation Banquet. I topped it with a Leupold. Vari-X iii 4.5-14. It shoots sub 1 inch groups consistently. It’s been my go to gun ever since. I own and have kill game with Savage, Remington, Winchester, and Browning rifles. I like them all, but none is more accurate than the Icon. I’ve made one shot kills with it out to 460 yards on mule and whitetail deer, wild pigs, and elk. My sons have each killed a Moose with it. Each one shot, one Alaskan, and one Shiras. If they have it in 7 mm, I would highly recommend considering it.

Just picked up a Tikka Wideland, comes with break. Great trigger and extremely smooth bolt. Did I mention it's a tack driver to boot. Foundation found it for me after searching hard . Love it, thank you Foundation

All good suggestions. I've always had great luck with my Savages. Although my current favorite rifle is my Christensen Arms Mesa (.300 Win Mag).

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom