Best at Being Unsuccessful

Iowan

Who has received the most 'Unsuccessful Notices' from Utah either between tags or without ever drawing a tag? Non-residents will dominate this category because they can apply for all species. My brother is at 96 and counting (including bear). I have drawn two good tags so I cannot complain.

The number to beat is 96.

I'm sitting at 88 now. Good thing I can buy a buck and bull tag at the local maverick and hunt for 2 straight months!

Dunno but all possible tags possible for all species as a nonresident since 1996 including bear.
Minus one deer one lope and one bear tag and minus waiting periods for same. Not inclined to do the sad sad math.

39 years and this year has not been drawn yet in Kali but I would like to hunt Antelope once in my life.
Un for Utah this year again

It will be hard to beat 134 'unsuccessfuls' without drawing a tag. Some may have more years but actual unsuccessful species applications at 134 - congratulations you are likely the winner. That said you must have a bunch of points - hopefully you can use a couple of them in the coming years. The crazy thing is the younger people just starting points in Utah could/will reach into the 200+ range if applying for all species without drawing a tag.

I really wonder if people just starting understand that it will easily require 2X the points to draw the tag they may be thinking about. Even 30 points may not get you into the entry level LE tags in 20 years.

I am not complaining one bit there are still a lot of great hunting opportunities out there.

Got ya all beat. 134 not including this years, still have not heard back on it.
Is 134 possible? Hasn't it only been like 11 years since you could apply for all of the species? Odds are bad for everyone. 1 deer tag here in 20 years applying.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom