Best bipod?

EOL bipod with claw feet and leg extensions...perfect for shooting up or down as well as prone. Extreme Store just put out their new updated version.

I'm really liking the Hatch Out West bipod. The 6-9" tactical style bipods I've found are just too short for most real world hunting shots, not tall enough to clear much vegetation.

I've been using a Harris 13"-27" bipod for the last 12 years or so. I've taken shots with one extension out, 2 extentions out and all 3 extentions out. Even with all 3 out, they are very stable. My Dad missed a buck last year in Wyoming because his "cheap" bipod was not stable enough as the wind was pushing his gun around a bit. They have a fixed or swivel model. I use the swivel so you can shoot off of uneven ground and still get your gun level. I have 2 of them so I'll be taking the one off my .308 to give to my Dad. :)

I've been using a Harris 13"-27" bipod for the last 12 years or so. I've taken shots with one extension out, 2 extentions out and all 3 extentions out. Even with all 3 out, they are very stable. My Dad missed a buck last year in Wyoming because his "cheap" bipod was not stable enough as the wind was pushing his gun around a bit. They have a fixed or swivel model. I use the swivel so you can shoot off of uneven ground and still get your gun level. I have 2 of them so I'll be taking the one off my .308 to give to my Dad. :)
I think they call them swivel, but they actually just level the bipod and don't swivel, correct? I have the same bipod and love it! It works great for sitting and prone in many applications, the only issue I see is if you want to be prone at around 9" height you can't do that with their 13-27" bipod. I usually shoot off my pack if in that situation...

I've been using a snipod for about 15 years, a couple diff versions of it at least. It's one of the lightest on the market but NOT the most durable.

agreed... nripepi- I shoot off my pack in prone situations as well. I had to do that last year in Wyoming but as I have thought about it, that doesn't happen much for me. I usually a extending legs to set up for the shot. I guess it depends on what kind of ground cover you are hunting around. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom